Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: The /info command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am pretty sure I made a thread back in the old JV days, and a lot of people seemed to like it. 
It's a very simple tool. Basically, type /info in the chat when you are playing a level. A banner will come up, and inform you how the stats are looking for this particular level. Some interesting stuff could be:

-How many 5 stars the level has gotten
-How many total plays it's got/it's current rating (the basic stuff you get when you click on the "i" icon).
-Which player has played the level the most
-The fastest time to complete the level, ever.

Now, I've got more ideas about this command, so read along.

Doing /info in the chat will provide you information about the game. The basic stuff, about all the hats and all the parts and how to get them etc. (BokenBulb78 gets all the credit for this idea.)

On the other hand...

Doing /info [insert PR2 username here] would provide you information about the player.
(these are examples)

-Most played level
-Longest time being online
-X amount of XP to level up.
-And the usual such as guild, last time logged in, and when the player registered

Now, I'd guess that this is hard to program in to the game. But you got to admit that it would be prettyyyy informative.
I wish that this would be possible...
But as of yet it is not as Jiggmin lost the source code...
Maybe suggest it for PR4?
Some of this is possible and some isn't. I'll figure out the specifics at some point.
(10th August 2018, 5:32 PM)Levente77 Wrote: [ -> ]-The fastest time to complete the level, ever.

This bit here, I feel like this will be a really great addition for PR2 and PR4, actually.

It could revive the competitive spirit among the community, once again. I supposed it would work better as a leaderboard system though, since you will then be able to look at... let's say, for example, the Top 500, or Top 100 fastest times?

Perhaps, if you add a friend, then you'll be able to see their time on a separate section of the leaderboard, called "Friends".

Now, I'm not sure if this will be possible for PR2, but it will definitely be a great idea for PR4 Big Grin
(14th August 2018, 7:15 PM)Zelante Wrote: [ -> ]This bit here, I feel like this will be a really great addition for PR2 and PR4, actually.

It could revive the competitive spirit among the community, once again. I supposed it would work better as a leaderboard system though, since you will then be able to look at... let's say, for example, the Top 500, or Top 100 fastest times?

Perhaps, if you add a friend, then you'll be able to see their time on a separate section of the leaderboard, called "Friends".

Now, I'm not sure if this will be possible for PR2, but it will definitely be a great idea for PR4 Big Grin

Yes! I think so too! Although it might be tough to do so. Since a lot of people can somehow cheat the level in order to get a better time. Glitches, cowboy hat etc. Maybe there could be an option before you play the level where you play in "Leaderboard Mode", where everyone would have the same stats and no hat, so you don't get any advantages. If we don't, then the leaderboard will be unfair.
(15th August 2018, 6:03 AM)Levente77 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes! I think so too! Although it might be tough to do so. Since a lot of people can somehow cheat the level in order to get a better time. Glitches, cowboy hat etc. Maybe there could be an option before you play the level where you play in "Leaderboard Mode", where everyone would have the same stats and no hat, so you don't get any advantages. If we don't, then the leaderboard will be unfair.

Tournament server rules could easily solve that.
(14th August 2018, 7:15 PM)Zelante Wrote: [ -> ]This bit here, I feel like this will be a really great addition for PR2 and PR4, actually.

It's possible, although it would not be easy to set up for PR2. It would require adding a new column into the levels table. That much is easy. The issue is not taxing the database too much. With each /info request, we'd be calling information from the database. If we could find a way to call the information from the level file, it could be pretty simple. I'll do some investigating.