Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: hi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was watching a hearthstone streamer, and I looked at their opponent's name and it was "Grimmjow". That made me think, huh, why is that name familiar. So I googled it and found nothing (character from Bleach but I haven't watched that). 

Then I thought, huh, maybe it's a username of one of the Campaign map makers on PR2, or maybe the All-Time page or something. (I think I mistook it for zzirgrizz because of the letter G). So I searched Grimmjow PR2 and found nothing.

At that point I gave up and got sidetracked because I was reminded of JV once again. So I checked to see if there was any news on the freegoose forum (either platform racing related or old forum related), as per my biannual nostalgia trip. When typing Jiggmin I saw Jiggmin2 and my curiosity peaked and now I'm here.

My aliases from then to now (major ones at least. I can't think of what else I've used though):
  • Mrjt97
  • MyNamesNotJustin
  • NotJustin /INotJustin
  • FF
  • Effeff
I'm 20 now, I was first active on the forum when I was probably around 11 or 12 some age 13+ definitely. Then stayed active for probably around 2-3 years after that, although over time I would take month-long breaks or do something stupid like getting banned on purpose for attention, and at some point I realized I didn't actually know anyone on the forum anymore. Sheesh, that's a rough start for this welcome thread for myself.

Fondest memories (first to pop in my head is more accurate)  are the unofficial Xat JVchat room, OMGPop sessions, Village Games, playing PR2 (I think I played Hat Battles against people in the Kongregate chat rooms before even joining the forum).

I was very active on the forum and in Platform Racing 2, but I wasn't really anyone special - being naive I didn't think to continue any friendships I had there outside of the forum. I don't say that to draw pity or anything, it's just I'd be surprised if I'm familiar to anyone here.

Honestly my memory of people and things that happened on the forum are super blurred. Mostly bad things stuck with me because they seemed scary at the time, like when an admin on PR2's password got stolen by some guy and then the forum got pruned but then restored.

Oh I did really enjoy Conquest (?), it was a game on the forum where people could join one of three factions(?) and basically generate an army to battle people in other factions. That ended even while I was still active though. Oh but that reminds me of Publius, he was super involved in that game and I really respected him.

I do remember there existed a "History of JV" thing on the old forum, which I imagine is lost, but if by some chance it isn't lost it'd be really nice to read again. Oh well, I'll stop rambling about that past stuff.

After JV I played a lot of playstation (MyNamesNotJustin), then I eventually got a laptop and played a lot of Realm of the Mad God (INotJustin -> NotJustin), until I finally got a good computer and played an absolute ton of CS:GO, and Steam has been my home since. I mean, there has been a ton of stuff in between but it's not really worth turning this into my internet lifestory.

Haven't really been able to make friends over the internet since then though. No place has really felt like a homely community since JV. Came close with a community server I played on in CS:GO for awhile, but then that eventually died out.

So here I am, not really knowing why I'm here except for nostalgia's sake. 

If any of you actively play hearthstone I'd be glad to add and play with you though, none of my IRL buds are interested in it so I'm just stuck grinding ladder and arena and stuff without getting to do the fun part of playing with people I can interact with. My BattleID is Justeenie#11309

Oh and this is my steam if you want to stalk me: /id/NameNotJustin although I've only got people I know IRL on my friends list atm because like I said, hard to make friends over the internet and I feel it just gets harder as I get older.
ah wow looked at others threads here and there are dozens of us.
Welcome Back!
Hellloooo
Hiiii