Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Air Jump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ability to air jump once after hitting the side of a (new?) block, cancels out if you hit the ground or are standing on a block when you hit the side of the specified block.
The what happened where and the who did what?
Are you saying that if you hit the side of a waffle block you can double jump, but it cancels if you touch any other block?
Or are you saying we get stuck on the syrup and can't move...
Why not make a new item, a pickaxe you automatically jump near a wall you can stay attached and push space and direction to jump elsewhere within a short time period or fall.
Could even make it so you slowly descend like as if on ice, e.g forcing people to be accurate with their jumps and to make decision on how to follow up quicker, if not they slide down quickly and fall off.

So examples include:

Jump on green block, it disappears and u jump the direction past it.
You jump on a block, get rooted and jump again up to get higher.
You jump on the side of a wall then jump the other side etc.
Level built to force you to slide down then jump elsewhere.

Also including sideways item blocks should enchance hte fefect allowing for a new variety of gameplay, e.g if you jump and touch a block you automatically get an item from it.

- Also if capes get introduced to the game by any chance they could enchance your stats lightly and add a floaty effect so every time you jump you can reach farther by high velocity before you fall down but quicker than usual, e.g allowing new gameplay functiosn once again.
(29th January 2019, 1:59 AM)Acno Wrote: [ -> ]- Also if capes get introduced to the game by any chance they could enchance your stats lightly and add a floaty effect so every time you jump you can reach farther by high velocity before you fall down but quicker than usual, e.g allowing new gameplay functiosn once again.
Or an umbrella hat of some sort...
We already have a hat filling that function ( of both the cape and umbrella hat ).. the propeller hat.. In that case better adding a new block filling that slow slide down effect, or some sort of item acting like terrarias ninja gear allowing you sliding down blocks slowly.
(29th January 2019, 3:12 AM)Orthrus Wrote: [ -> ]We already have a hat filling that function ( of both the cape and umbrella hat ).. the propeller hat.. In that case better adding a new block filling that slow slide down effect, or some sort of item acting like terrarias ninja gear allowing you sliding down blocks slowly.

OOOH! a fellow Terraria fan! Welcome to the forums Smile
(29th January 2019, 3:41 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: [ -> ]OOOH! a fellow Terraria fan! Welcome to the forums Smile

Oh yes, Terraria is easy one of the greates games, have played it since it got released xD. Thanks! Big Grin thought i had my old acc still, but then i saw this is a copy of the old forum xD
Hitting while on the ground does not grant an air jump. Example:

https://imgur.com/G6caWNy

Hitting it from the side grants one jump while you are in the air. Example:

https://imgur.com/fzB5Z2T

Hitting the side, and then hitting the ground before jumping cancels it out. Example:

https://imgur.com/A6dZuE7
Cool idea but I'm little concerned with every idea that changes current mechanics. Rather have new block serving the same purpose.
(2nd February 2019, 8:13 PM)GlitchR Wrote: [ -> ]Cool idea but I'm little concerned with every idea that changes current mechanics. Rather have new block serving the same purpose.

Agree'd, if anything, a new block could be created giving off these advantages. Don't like the idea of messing with current block and movement mechanics.
idk dude
It would probably break a lot of levels if the "waffle" block was changed to have an effect. I'd say this is better suited as a new hat or item.
Currently we got useful hats except a few.

- Kong - low exp
- Exp - medium exp
- Propeller - can slow fall and fly far helps alot on many maps.
- Gent - pass through and dive in green blocks go fast high
- Jump - quick rush early and if u pick it up
- Santa - slide and much the same as gent
- Thief - meh?
- crown - k
- cow - k
- party - k

- Moon - perhaps partial invisiblity and total invisibility when u remain in place for longer than 5 seconds? or activated invisiblity?

- enginer hat - it would make more sense to slide slowly or build in real time? like place a block X distance ahead of u
(4th February 2019, 10:19 AM)Acno Wrote: [ -> ]- enginer hat - it would make more sense to slide slowly or build in real time? like place a block X distance ahead of u
I could see this used to block off entrances from other players and prevent them from finishing.
Maybe just make it so when you press space bar with a mine you can place it anywhere within a 3 block radius...
(4th February 2019, 2:26 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: [ -> ]I could see this used to block off entrances from other players and prevent them from finishing.
Maybe just make it so when you press space bar with a mine you can place it anywhere within a 3 block radius...
Nice of you to point it out, i forgot to mention, i tohught of a block that only lasts for a short time period or gets cracked down by multiple hits that way cant perma block pathways.  Tongue
Bump
I feel like the mechanics of pr2 are good enough. While I do sort of like this idea TRUC did make a map called Santa Ninja to get the same effect as you are referring to. I do think this is a creative idea, I feel like it would take away from the gameplay.

I would suggest things that aren't necessarily implemented (even indirectly), like adding a complete set or a hat that makes you have +10 acceleration.

Moon hat gives you 15% reduction in gravity
Santa hat gives you +10 speed
Nothing gives you +10 acceleration. . .

I also feel like using a complete set should add something to the game
For example, complete stick set giving you +10 speed
Complete Bird set can give the same effect as prop hat.
Ghost set can allow you to walk through walls, but slowly.

I feel like wall jumping is very "Mario" this is platform racing 2. But I do like the idea
Add a new spaghetti jump where every time you jump you eat a little plate of spaghetti I think this would add a lot of really interesting level potential
(13th August 2020, 10:10 PM)tadtad Wrote: [ -> ]Add a new spaghetti jump where every time you jump you eat a little plate of spaghetti I think this would add a lot of really interesting level potential

You eat a little plate of spaghetti on PR2 or IRL? Either way, that's definitely something I can get behind.
this should be PRF not PR2 imo
Pages: 1 2