Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Favorite baseball team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know a few of you who are vehemently opposed to anything relating to baseball (ahem @DRD9), but personally, I'm quite a fan of the Washington Nationals.

Are there any other baseball fans out there?
no
(1st December 2017, 4:19 AM)Tejs Wrote: [ -> ]no

[Image: 341605-tdy-120427-baseball-kid-02.today-...-large.jpg]
New York Yankees and New York Mets. I like the Yankees more, but I watch the Mets more because they have a much better broadcasting team.
I’m more into just about every other sport lmao.
I don't know the name of any team that hasn't been mentioned in this thread.
I'm a Mets fan
I’m a Chicago Cubs fan, though I’ll watch the White Sox too.

Sorry not sorry, Ben Wink
I like the NY Yankees, & the Detroit Tigers.
(1st December 2017, 4:03 AM)bls1999 Wrote: [ -> ]I know a few of you who are vehemently opposed to anything relating to baseball (ahem @DRD9), but personally, I'm quite a fan of the Washington Nationals.

Are there any other baseball fans out there?

Hahahaha that video I sent you xD
My Dad likes baseball. I am not opposed to it it's an alright sport.
(4th December 2017, 12:28 PM)Resarekt Wrote: [ -> ]I’m a Chicago Cubs fan, though I’ll watch the White Sox too.

Sorry not sorry, Ben Wink

Hey remember how the Cubs won against the Dodgers and advanced to the world series?
Yeah me neither

(4th December 2017, 11:56 AM)Dev52 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a Mets fan

[Image: tenor.gif]
(5th December 2017, 12:34 AM)bls1999 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey remember how the Cubs won against the Dodgers and advanced to the world series?
Yeah me neither
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nat...hip_Series

We did it before they did teehee Wink
(5th December 2017, 12:34 AM)bls1999 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey remember how the Cubs won against the Dodgers and advanced to the world series?
Yeah me neither

As a Nationals supporter, you should not be making fun of any team for failing in the postseason.
I'm a HUGE Baseball fan. My team is the Anaheim Angels.
(19th December 2017, 3:45 PM)Pistolspeed Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a HUGE Baseball fan. My team is the Anaheim Angels.

I thought that they were the "Los Angeles Angels"? But, I might be wrong, though.
I'm not really like a huge baseball fan. If I were to choose, though, I would say the Colorado Rockies because home state represent.
(19th December 2017, 5:26 PM)Erin Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that they were the "Los Angeles Angels"? But, I might be wrong, though.

You are correct, even though they should be called the Anaheim Angels (or California Angels) because they play in Anaheim. 1997-2004 they were the Anaheim Angels, 2005-2015 they were the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (extremely stupid), and since 2015 they are the Los Angeles Angels. The team thinks being in the major city of Anaheim is uncool since Los Angeles is 45-60 minutes away.
Everything you just said is true. When I was born and when they won the World Series, they were called the "Anaheim Angels", so that's why I refer to them as such. However, they changed their name to the Los Angeles Angels because they could sign more TV deals and make more money if they had "Los Angeles" in their name. This article explains everything: 

https://www.ocregister.com/2015/01/07/lo...me-change/

The Angels were supposed to be the team for people who DIDN'T want to be associated with L.A., even though they lived relatively close to L.A.

People like me. Smile

So that's why A lot of people got upset by the name change, but ultimately it did help the Angels to sign better players and stuff because they had more money.
(19th December 2017, 9:10 PM)Pistolspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Everything you just said is true. When I was born and when they won the World Series, they were called the "Anaheim Angels", so that's why I refer to them as such. However, they changed their name to the Los Angeles Angels because they could sign more TV deals and make more money if they had "Los Angeles" in their name. This article explains everything: 

https://www.ocregister.com/2015/01/07/lo...me-change/

The Angels were supposed to be the team for people who DIDN'T want to be associated with L.A., even though they lived relatively close to L.A.

People like me. Smile

So that's why A lot of people got upset by the name change, but ultimately it did help the Angels to sign better players and stuff because they had more money.

I see. I kind of live in a similar scenario too since I live in Northeast New Jersey (~15 minutes from Jets/Giants, and ~5 minutes from the Red Bulls and Devils) and almost every team associates themselves with New York City. Albeit, there is a major difference between a metropolitan city of 336,000 and suburban towns of 9,000-13,000.
Pages: 1 2