Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Chris Davis' Drought is Over!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
not too sure what's going on but I assume it's somewhat close to someone breaking a duck in cricket if anyone knows what that is..?
(15th April 2019, 6:57 AM)gemj Wrote: [ -> ]not too sure what's going on but I assume it's somewhat close to someone breaking a duck in cricket if anyone knows what that is..?

He hadn't got a hit in 54 straight games, and he finally broke his hitless streak.
(15th April 2019, 8:24 AM)bls1999 Wrote: [ -> ]He hadn't got a hit in 54 straight games, and he finally broke his hitless streak.

54 straight at bats* and 64 total plate appearances ?
(15th April 2019, 6:57 AM)gemj Wrote: [ -> ]not too sure what's going on but I assume it's somewhat close to someone breaking a duck in cricket if anyone knows what that is..?

Not really. Chris Davis's thing is over the course of many games. The duck equivalent would be a Golden Sombrero, which is at least four strikeouts in a single game (could be more strikeouts).
(15th April 2019, 8:24 AM)bls1999 Wrote: [ -> ]He hadn't got a hit in 54 straight games, and he finally broke his hitless streak.

(15th April 2019, 9:46 AM)Uptight 534 Wrote: [ -> ]Not really. Chris Davis's thing is over the course of many games. The duck equivalent would be a Golden Sombrero, which is at least four strikeouts in a single game (could be more strikeouts).

thank you both, gotcha
good on him!
Is this why you implemented twitter? Wink
jk but good on him
(15th April 2019, 12:12 PM)Camer999 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this why you implemented twitter? Wink

Maybe... maybe not. Wink
neat. go Mets.
(15th April 2019, 9:22 PM)ClassyElephant Wrote: [ -> ]neat. go Mets.

Catch me in the corner with my Nats gear on crying over bullpen meltdowns and blown playoff opportunities.

Another thread for another day...
This guy is also named Chris Davis