Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Speedblur (I want to change my name so bad)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everyone! I'm the hat bonuser, making a triumphant return! I was a part of Jiggmin's Village back on Jiggmin's original website before it got vaporized, so I remember the good ole' days (c. 2015) when the community was more robust. If anyone can bring me up to date on the events since then, such as Jiggmin's recent game development plans and this whole, "Revival" thing, I would greatly appreciate it. (Why are things blue now? The color scheme makes no sense anymore!) 

I see that bls1999 is managing a lot of community and gaming stuff. How does Jiggmin fit into all this? I am very curious to learn. Bls1999 has given me a lot of this info, but any more would do! 

Also, now that Jiggy is haggling around these parts more, and he is more receptive to suggestions, I am trying to think up ideas to pronounce on a thread. Usually, I end up hoping everything doesn't go terribly wrong. 

Thanks for living on, JV (2?)!
Hey hat bonuser! Glad to have you back! Here's the low-down on things:

- I was modded in March/May (trial/perma respectively) of 2017, and made an admin in August.
- In November of 2017, Eternal and I bought the jiggmin2.com domain and I set up a forum here, aptly titled "JV Revival," since we intended it to be the successor to the old JV. Over time, I started to "revive" a lot of the old Jiggmin games. You'll see that the games listed on the front pages are improved and all work now; highscores, multiplayer servers, etc.
- Jiggmin uploaded the PR2 servers to a GitHub repository in January of 2018, which opened the game to server-side improvements. I was subsequently able to recover the unencrypted source code of the PR2 client, which opened the game to client-side improvements. PR2 is now fully updatable again!
- Currently, his activity has been semi-reliable, Jiggmin tries to keep as far away as he can (in favor of letting me handle things). Stuff for PR2 can be suggested here, and bugs can be reported here.

As far as current news, Jiggmin is working on a new installment to the PR series called "Platform Racing Forever." We've compiled a list of currently known things about PR4, which can be found here.

You can change the color scheme on the forum by scrolling down to the bottom and changing the forum theme to "Jiggy 4".

If you have any other questions, LMK. Again, welcome back to JV! Smile