Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Dual Katanas Animation - New PR2 Item Proposal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A general term for the traditional sword with a curved blade longer than 60 cm (there is no upper length limit but generally they are shorter than 80 cm), worn with the edge upwards in the sash. Developed from the uchigatana and the sword of the samurai class of the Edo period (1600s to late 19th century). [Wikipedia]

Hello, all! I have recently been going through a medieval Japan obsession phase, and I came up with a take on a time period weapon converted for a new Platform Racing 2 item. It's called Jinsuina and Kitanai (pure and defiled, respectively), the Dual Katanas. I would like to produce a prototype animation for the item before I reveal its function and design officially in the PR2 Suggestions section. I would greatly appreciate it if any interested animator, artist, or programmer would like to create an animation or other detailed representation of the item so I have something appealing to show off in the final reveal. The function and description of the item are:

To Acquire: 5% random drop (not adjustable in level editor) from an item block, only acquired again in this way after all uses.
To use: hold space bar for 2.5 seconds.
After Use: item is dropped in the level exactly where it was used.
Successive uses: item can be picked back up again in the spot it was used by a different player. Repeats 2 times after first use (used by 2 additional different players).

As soon as the player presses space bar, the two katanas rise above the player character's head in a vertical ready stance. For 2.5 seconds, as the player holds down space bar, the player character slows down with 5-5-5 reduced stats and maintains the fixed ready stance. After 2 seconds, yellow sparks will slide up the edge and terminate at the end of each blade for 0.5 seconds. Once this 2.5 second anticipation time period is over, each katana will separate from their ready position and slash down though the air on either side of the player character, slash upward again, and then downward. This creates three dangerous air slashes twice the size of the player character that continue flying through the air in a horizontal direction away from the right and left sides of the player character. These slashes are active immediately after the ready stance releases but do not hit above or below the player character. After this attack, the player character undergoes a 1.5 second cool-down time, after which all stats are reverted to normal and the player character is allowed to move freely. 

If at any point during the use of this item (the 2.5 s ready stance, subsequent attack, and 1.5 s cool-down), the player character is interrupted by another opponent player character's item or a mine, safety net, etc., the player character will be stunned as normal. If the yellow sparks initiate, the slash attack will complete regardless if the player character is stunned. 

This attack can be countered or deflected. If another opponent player character jumps on the head of the player character during the item's use, the player character will be flattened (the effect of the Jiggmin Hat or PR1's feature) for 10 seconds. A large arrow bobs up and down above the player character's head to let opponent players know how to activate this counter.

All opponent player characters hit by this item will be stunned for 5 seconds.

If you are interested, send anything my way by posting in this thread or PMing me. Thank you!
This seems very complex for a PR2 item