Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Shoutout to Shooter Pk411
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was talking with someone about the search function on Platform Racing 2, and how there's no good way to find overlooked levels. I said that typically it's best to have a catalog of good level makers handy if you want to play something good, although this was countered with the fact that unknown makers get pushed under the rug. That got me to thinking about a guy I've had in my friends list for probably a decade now, because he's made some great levels that have never been recognized: Shooter Pk411

Legends (pg 1)
Judgement day (pg 9)
HArd levels! (pg 9)

The levels themselves are unassuming - they use the default background color, you often get stuck in them, and the titles themselves aren't always capitalized properly. Moreover, Shooter has TONS of levels (more than 9 pages) so it's hard to find the good levels among a large volume of sub-par levels. Externally they have every reason to be forgotten, but there is some intelligent design here.

They're not really suitable for CotM, since they're difficult and often require glitches, but I figured I'd give them a shoutout.
You're right, there are some fun things in them. The fun of it for me mostly comes from the fact they were made in 2012, I thought it was quite early. After searching a bit, it turns out I started making levels in 2010.
edit/ HArd levels wasn't very good in my opinion
Yeah having a catalogue is a good idea

but it's also good to do a few course title searches with different options and search queries just in case you find a hidden gem level