Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Wait 1 Hour Before Granting Member Privileges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(the 1 hour bit can be as long or short as you like)

But this should hopefully at least give staff a window to check accounts before they can spam in chat or levels, etc.
It's similar to some discord servers where you have to wait 10min - 1hr for full privileges so the staff can check if you're not a spam thing.
idk about this. I mean staff aren't on 24/7 so someone will have to wait until a staff member comes on and that could take hours....
if anything this should be a PRF suggestion. plus, PR2 is different to Discord. normally accounts specifically made to spam on PR2 are sentient and not bots like on Discord, so how could staff know which new rank 0 accounts are going to spam ahead of time? the only way I could see this (rarely) helping is with inappropriate names and very very blatant bot accounts.
(8th March 2020, 9:12 AM)gemj Wrote: [ -> ]plus, PR2 is different to Discord. normally accounts specifically made to spam on PR2 are sentient and not bots like on Discord, so how could staff know which new rank 0 accounts are going to spam ahead of time? the only way I could see this (rarely) helping is with inappropriate names and very very blatant bot accounts.

While the rarely part is true, typically when someone decides to mass spam unless they have a small army of high-rank alts (adak) they make new accounts and quickly get them to rank 3 to start spamming. You would be surprised how much of a help the rank 3 to chat check comes in handy when someone decides to mass spam like this. I can quickly vet newly created accounts and ban obvious spam accounts before they hit level 3 and start spamming.

I personally think the 1 hour wait time to grant member privileges is a bit overkill especially with the state of the game. I don't want to discourage actual racers from sticking around. If anything, I would suggest bumping the min rank to chat a little higher to maybe level 5-10. Something to kill the motivation to spam, while encouraging actual new racers a perk to rank up.
(8th March 2020, 9:32 AM)Eternal Wrote: [ -> ]While the rarely part is true, typically when someone decides to mass spam unless they have a small army of high-rank alts (adak) they make new accounts and quickly get them to rank 3 to start spamming. You would be surprised how much of a help the rank 3 to chat check comes in handy when someone decides to mass spam like this. I can quickly vet newly created accounts and ban obvious spam accounts before they hit level 3 and start spamming.

I personally think the 1 hour wait time to grant member privileges is a bit overkill especially with the state of the game. I don't want to discourage actual racers from sticking around. If anything, I would suggest bumping the min rank to chat a little higher to maybe level 5-10. Something to kill the motivation to spam, while encouraging actual new racers a perk to rank up.

Wholeheartedly agree.