Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Port of Mario 64 released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somebody has created a fully functioning PC port of the classic retro game Super Mario 64. It has support for native 4K resolution, better graphics and camera movement. Since all of this is very illegal, Nintendo is currently working as hard as they can to remove download links from the Internet, and I can't tell you where to find it.

As you can see, this video demonstrates moving the camera with a joystick instead of the awkward C-buttons from the original N64. Where to download? I have no idea.
WHAT THIS IS AMAZING.

gotta find download link
Yooo
Inb4 Nintendo Pc coming this fall
I've tried it, and yes, it is indeed Super Mario 64 playable natively on the PC. This is all in due part due to a long and lengthy decompilation and reverse engineering of the original game, a greatly commendable effort. If you haven't witnessed firsthand the wondrous nuances of Super Mario 64, I do recommend watching this wonderfully educational and mindblowing video on the game's systems. There are some real geniuses working on taking apart these games! Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask also have similar reverse engineering efforts going on, alongside other games.

Unfortunately, Nintendo's lawyers are not receptive in the slightest when it comes to the value of fan works like these. This time it's more understandable given that these are assets the company created and straight up the original game being peddled around, but nobody is profiting off of anything here. Looking at another company, SEGA, with their Sonic franchise - it seems they actively encourage fan efforts, and I do think that strengthens the brand if people are making their own content with it. Sonic Mania exists for a reason. Personally, I'm a big supporter of the preservation of games, and emulation and porting efforts like these are what allows newer generations to experience older games rather than hunting down old physical copies prone to decay or old consoles that require special set-ups to get running.

There are places to download it. I could hook you up but I'm not sharing anything here.