Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Set Stats for a Race
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have found that I want to normalize stats for a race, IE set everyone to 80 everything. Or a jumping focused tower level where you want everyone to have 100 jumping, but not necessarily 100 everything else.

It does take away the whole "I like the way my stats are!" or "I've worked so hard to be X rank though!". But I don't think this feature will be overused to that extent. I see it being used to help balance campaign levels or other event based races.
there should be a separate toolbox with basic code. attach numbers to objects in order of creation to add or alter details.

for instance number 1 itembox contents: nothing. or something. 30/70% chance.
or equip santa hat from a hat box on a map where hats dont make it.

problem is this would severely undermine the hats role in the game.
(28th May 2020, 3:47 PM)Acno Wrote: [ -> ][this is just straight up a separate idea]

problem is this would severely undermine the hats role in the game.

I get what you're saying but this isn't going to change the existing campaigns (unless those creators go in and update them... which is that even allowed?)

I don't think the hats will be under attack. This just allows for more creativity when designing levels. Just like the gravity setting!
(28th May 2020, 3:47 PM)Acno Wrote: [ -> ]problem is this would severely undermine the hats role in the game.

Tbf loads of levels have hat removers anyway
That is neat and all... but you can make your own thread instead of distracting from the idea I suggested.

EDIT: I think is it a good idea, and even synergistic with mine and I would love to engage with that idea on your own thread.
You could already set stats to all 80 using -5 and +5 stat blocks carefully placed.
I like my stats how I set them 😂
(31st May 2020, 4:04 PM)Lunanova Wrote: [ -> ]That is neat and all... but you can make your own thread instead of distracting from the idea I suggested.
thread hijacking complete
(31st May 2020, 4:30 PM)edetarod Wrote: [ -> ]You could already set stats to all 80 using -5 and +5 stat blocks carefully placed.
I like my stats how I set them 😂

Yeah I have that too, that's why I was thinking like... I don't want to waste so many blocks and my time trying to do this if it were just a setting. And then you could configure further with like 90 speed but 10 jumping and make a hilarious horizontal race or smth.
Split @"Mystery"'s post off into its separate thread: https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2614
I'm still gunning for this! Imagine: A race with 0 Jump, 0 Speed only 100 acceleration and it's all underwater.
I thought it would be nice if a player could force specific stats on their level. No more making people hit a mine then frowns and smiles to get those pesky stats you want! And this way you could make the player have any stat you want, rather than any increment of fives.

also the level editor stat bar is a pain to use, perhaps these could work together?
Lunanova already suggested something very similar to this.

https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2600
Ah! Great minds think alike...!
This is now possible with custom stats blocks! Smile