Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Racer Review: Summer Starts!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It. Is. Time!

Sorry for the delay, but we are back again with another edition of Racer Review! Every week we take a look at what fashion is being sported on the blocks of Platform Racing.

I will be ranking 1/5 from now on, cause from 7-10 I was finding myself just grading on my personal opinion (cause who would do that?!) so if a look is fully realized but still not my personal favorite, they will get an appropriate score.

This week's looks are from: PR2

First thing's first: Titanium
[attachment=710]

An intriguing look: soft but make it goth. I'm getting Cool Kids by Echosmith vibes, the colors have a pastel look but we have a popped collar saying "but I mean business, too". I can see several fashion influences in this look, and I dig it.

[Image: tumblr_psz8jlJBvu1tkq8ui_540.jpg]

A dedication to aesthetic, I respect it: 4/5

"But how can I up my score?" I would play around with different torso body parts to see if you can keep the Cool Kid look but amping it up.

Secondly...: a7x3
[attachment=711]

Jack and Jill went up the hill, and only Jill came back. Visually, Jack got very, very lost.
These colors! My EYES!! The shapes! I suddenly have vertigo and I'm falling over.

I'm afraid to say, but it's a 1/5 from me. It's a consistent color palette, point for that!

"But how can I up my score?" Honestly... I wouldn't bother. Scrap the whole look at start fresh.

Get ready for: Dev52
[attachment=712]

This look is by far my favorite I've seen so far. I love the colors, I love the cohesive body parts, and even the hat doesn't detract from this look at all. It's cute, it's relevant, and most of all, it's responsible. Respect birds, okay?

Unequivocally a 5/5.

Don't count me out: Prince Ande
[attachment=713]

I like this ghostly, w i s p y look, especially with the blue. I know there is a story here, but it's getting lost. I want to know the real Prince Ande. Maybe some time spent in the mountains will fix that.

A comfortable 3/5.

"But how can I up my score?" Try to change up the torso body part and solidify that story.

Last but not least: ClassyElephant
[attachment=714]

It's refreshing to see a different kind of look in this review, something away from the cute colors that I am so fond of. It pushes me to look at a new perspective, a new way of life. 

The only thing that stands out to me is that the feet look like a default pick, like N0 effort went into it. In order to maximize your score, every detail must be considered!

That puts your score at around a 3/5. Nothing to scoff at!

"But how can I up my score?" Switch up the feet, and see what you can do to tie it in with the hat and torso.

As always, thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this week of Racer Review! If you have been previously reviewed and have a new look to show the class, let me know!

If you were mentioned in this post and wished to be removed: PM me and I can do this. This is just for fun. Love y'all!
(8th June 2020, 8:36 PM)Lunanova Wrote: [ -> ]like N0 effort went into it

ow
(8th June 2020, 8:45 PM)ClassyElephant Wrote: [ -> ]ow

Here at Racer Review we give only tough love  Tongue
(8th June 2020, 8:56 PM)Lunanova Wrote: [ -> ]Here at Racer Review we give only tough love  Tongue

as Jack found out the hard way
Not sure if you take requests but I'd like to see my account Zulu in the next Racer Review, had the same colors and parts for quite a while now and don't plan on changing it anytime soon so it'd be fun to see your take. Anyway, great stuff
My set plz it would blow you away  Cool
[Image: GLPGqRm.png]

This is my rating of my own style, since you didn't rate mine.
lmao poor jack

My personal favorites are probably Dev's and Classy's Tongue

Like the above said, I don't know if you take requests but I'm all for being judged for racer review ^^
Excuse me, my character is a masterpiece
Titanium just copied Fran10's style.
Nice. I request you to judge Canary
I love this series
I made a new character B)
(10th June 2020, 11:39 AM)gemj Wrote: [ -> ]I love this series

I'm glad you enjoy! I want to bring some joy to our days.

Looks like next round I have a full batch (5 is max attachments) for a requested Racer Review! It will be the racers Karlene, Canary, DanTheRock, Zulu, and Genius Shadows!

I want to get some more new people on the review, so for those who have updated your skins, I have not forgotten you!
Ayy appreciate it haha, bird set is hands down my favorite set and purple is one of my favorite colors but the actual purple in the game isn't that great so I figured a lavender color would work nicely
Don’t stop these reviews, this is gold xD
These are great
Oooo! This is very fun. I like it!

(10th June 2020, 12:58 PM)Lunanova Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like next round I have a full batch (5 is max attachments)

FYI: you can use up to 10(?) outside images in addition to the 5 attachments.
(10th June 2020, 12:58 PM)Lunanova Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad you enjoy! I want to bring some joy to our days.

Looks like next round I have a full batch (5 is max attachments) for a requested Racer Review! It will be the racers Karlene, Canary, DanTheRock, Zulu, and Genius Shadows!

I want to get some more new people on the review, so for those who have updated your skins, I have not forgotten you!

You could also put multiple sets in 1 image (then talk about them separately below)