Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Everytime I Trashpost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 372ue3.jpg]

I just finished reading The Watchmen and highly suggest reading it. Also, gotta keep the site clean (trashpost is a synonym for "s***post", but even putting the censored form right on the front page did not seem like a smart idea). Well... onto Maus.
Wait, we can't even say "shit"? Is this middle school?
(7th August 2020, 10:54 PM)Mystery Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, we can't even say "shit"? Is this middle school?

Swears that are prohibited will be censored in full if you try to type them.
whenever I trashpost I end up having the same reaction, except it's only the first frame.
(7th August 2020, 10:54 PM)Mystery Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, we can't even say "shit"? Is this middle school?
Honestly, I thought every curse was not allowed like the previous version of JV (albeit, I could be remembering wrong). I am not trying to stir anything, just being uber thorough and over explaining everything for no reason (like I am doing right now).
(8th August 2020, 8:10 AM)Uptight 534 Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I thought every curse was not allowed like the previous version of JV (albeit, I could be remembering wrong). I am not trying to stir anything, just being uber thorough and over explaining everything for no reason (like I am doing right now).

I think with the way we are now, with everyone more or less knowing everyone and being pretty passive, there isn't much of a need for censorship, but gotta stay true to OG JV ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(8th August 2020, 8:10 AM)Uptight 534 Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I thought every curse was not allowed like the previous version of JV (albeit, I could be remembering wrong). I am not trying to stir anything, just being uber thorough and over explaining everything for no reason (like I am doing right now).

The swears allowed rn are the same as old JV. There was a time that wayyyyyy more were prohibited, but after an experiment by Jiggmin, he decided that only certain words would remain censored.

(9th August 2020, 7:36 AM)gemj Wrote: [ -> ]I think with the way we are now, with everyone more or less knowing everyone and being pretty passive, there isn't much of a need for censorship, but gotta stay true to OG JV ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The refrain here is that this is still a children's website. Of course, this could be something posted in Contact a Mod or sent to an ambassador! Wink
(9th August 2020, 9:55 PM)bls1999 Wrote: [ -> ]The swears allowed rn are the same as old JV. There was a time that wayyyyyy more were prohibited, but after an experiment by Jiggmin, he decided that only certain words would remain censored.

The refrain here is that this is still a children's website. Of course, this could be something posted in Contact a Mod or sent to an ambassador! Wink

I'm not disagreeing with the premise, rather just making a point. plus, I don't think a change to a policy that is rarely violated is of the utmost priority rn. your first point also.
Thinking about this, people who register must be a minimum of thirteen years old (unless with parents' permission) due to COPPA. Basic swears are commonly used at that age, so it is not like we are protecting them from anything (or something like that).
(10th August 2020, 10:28 AM)Uptight 534 Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking about this, people who register must be a minimum of thirteen years old (unless with parents' permission) due to COPPA. Basic swears are commonly used at that age, so it is not like we are protecting them from anything (or something like that).

You can view the site without an acc though