Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: NFL Fantasy Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: a1c52e32a8b36f219e316f1e8ce07e3f.jpg]

It is that time of the year. With the early school start and COVID-19, I forgot about this and just realized the first NFL match is in ten days. This is going to be a quick rundown of how this works. A fantasy league is a game where you pick a certain amount of players to form a team and they earn you points. Every week is a match-up between yourself and someone else in the league. The points for each person's team are compiled and whoever has the most wins that match-up. This goes on for about ten weeks, and then the playoffs start where the top teams play each other for the championship (as well as a loser's bracket). Winner of the championship gets to then brag to everyone because they won a virtual game (or win money, but this will be a free league).

Even if you know nothing about the NFL or American football (or detest that the United States has their own form of football and calls the traditional code of football "soccer"), it is simply a game of statistics and figuring out who will give you the most points in the week by adjusting the lineup, picking free agents, and managing bye weeks. 

The league will be hosted on NFL.com. Currently, it has not been created; I need to get a headcount of who will participate. If there is an interest of at least six people, I will create a league only with JVers (and Acid, since I will be posting this there too for more players). If there is not enough interest for six players, I will make a public league, reserve spots for the interested players, and the rest will be filled with randoms. 

Please let me know if you are interested by posting in this thread. Also, I am hoping for creating the league on 6 September and holding the draft 7 September to be ready for the first NFL match on 10 September (stupid Thursday Night Football). Always, please let me know if you have any questions.
Lets do this again!!

I’m be Freebyeweek again
Count me in, and prepare to be destroyed.
Count me in also
I will get off from work ~2130 Zulu and then make the league. So far, we have five players, so I will create a public league of ten, and reserve five. Hopefully we can draft tomorrow night, if not Tuesday night.
Tuesday night works the best for me
League is created. Below is a link to join. The draft will be Tuesday because trying to do it tomorrow would be rushed. If anything gets screwed up, we can draft Wednesday.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/priv...Id=9038488
Password is "Password"
I work Tuesday night so idk if I'll be able to join
(7th September 2020, 1:18 AM)Mystery Wrote: [ -> ]I work Tuesday night so idk if I'll be able to join
If you cannot make the live draft, the website will auto draft for you.
(7th September 2020, 1:18 AM)Mystery Wrote: [ -> ]I work Tuesday night so idk if I'll be able to join
 For 2 years straight I couldn’t make it and I won the Super Bowl with my pre-picked draft team 2 years ago lol
(7th September 2020, 9:20 AM)Addy Wrote: [ -> ] For 2 years straight I couldn’t make it and I won the Super Bowl with my pre-picked draft team 2 years ago lol
To add, I have had an auto-draft team the last two years and the results were the best regular season record (eventually losing to Addy in the semi-final) and winning the league championship, respectively. 

Honestly, drafting is kind of a crapshoot like it is in real life. You do not know if that player is going to perform as well as their draft stock (e.g. Odell Beckham last year; maybe played him once) or a player could not play almost the entire season (e.g. Le'Veon Bell two years ago or someone gets injured Week 1). What I found, the key is to pick up players via free agency (whether predicting they will get hot or getting them right as they get hot). With the Le'Veon Bell scenario (context: he was the starting RB for the Steelers), I saw how he was not going to play for some time, so I picked up the Steelers' backup, James Conner, who became the starter in Week 1 and eventually, the entire season.

Weeks 1-4 are kind of unknown territory because there is not much significant data on the current season, so it is hard to know the performance of players and teams for the long term. This is where it is key to pick up the correct player(s).
Well I made my team, at the very least. It's "What Exactly I'm Really Doing", or WEIRD for short. Seems fitting, cause I'm weird and have no clue what I'm doing.
Draft is tonight at 0130Z (technically 9 September; 8:30 P.M. CDT), so please join by 2230Z (5:30 P.M. CDT) or your spot will be filled by the public.
If there's an odd amount of teams, I can join.
(8th September 2020, 5:10 PM)Fresh Cookies Wrote: [ -> ]If there's an odd amount of teams, I can join.
I am going to make the league public to fill in the rest of the spots, so join quickly (obviously, if you can see it in time).
Yeah... So the league did not fill up to ten teams thirty minutes before draft time. Turns out, this makes the draft invalid because there is not enough teams and cancels it. I had to change the draft to 10:30 EDT (9:30 CDT), since that was the earliest time. If there is not ten teams by 10 minutes before the hour, I will change the league teams to eight. Sorry about that.
Having a Drew Brees and Michael Thomas on the same team...
[Image: raw]

If one plays poorly, both play poorly.
I have no clue what I'm doing, but I'm winning. So that's cool
https://twitter.com/mcan409/status/13053...46624?s=21

This would have gotten me more points but whatever

Dak passed to Gallup like twice too
Courtland Sutton and Michael Thomas are out with major injuries (the former for the whole season)... the rest of the wide-receiver's on my team better look out.

EDIT to not spam posts:
(13th September 2020, 6:56 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: [ -> ]Having a Drew Brees and Michael Thomas on the same team...
[Image: raw]

If one plays poorly, both play poorly.
Replace Michael Thomas with Emmanuel Sanders

Honestly, I would be more happy if Sanders did not have that last catch. At least I would not be teased with a win.
Pages: 1 2