Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Allow head glitches/clips in Speedrunner of the week?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanna know what you guys think, should head glitches/clips be allowed in Speedrunner of the week? Lemme know by voting on the poll! Smile
The main reason why I did that shortcut for week 5 is that it had been allowed under slighty different forms during previous weeks.

Sometimes you clear bigger portions of the map than a simple head clip through a one block space, let's say, but there were bigger shortcuts than that one before and they are not much different (aka hitbox properties), so I don't see why they should not be allowed if you accept other kind of shortcuts that aren't ACTUAL glitches.
First, I would like to clarify something, The head glitch/clip is not a glitch at all. It is an intended feature that Jiggmin added to the game. by not allowing head clips, would be the same as saying you cannot fall under a block (in other words if your head is inside the block, but your player hitbox did not meet the requirements to collide with the block)

I think it should be allowed, because banning it, in my opinion would also ban falling next to a block as well.

However, if you ban level flow, and you are required to play the level as intended by the creator, it would make it a lot easier to determine what is, and isn't allowed.
I think all glitches should be allowed. Let me see people break some of these levels entirely.
How can you disallow an intended feature? That makes no sense.
(10th November 2020, 9:43 AM)Mystery Wrote: [ -> ]How can you disallow an intended feature? That makes no sense.

Usually contests don't allow glitches to make it fair game, but this contest is slightly different since everyone uses shortcuts to achieve a faster time.
Ashley766 Wrote:Usually contests don't allow glitches to make it fair game, but this contest is slightly different since everyone uses shortcuts to achieve a faster time.
So, is the rule no shortcuts (a.k.a. do not break level flow) and would ban the head clip becauseĀ in doing so, would break level flow

or is the rule no glitches which would allow the head clip because it is not a glitch regardless of the shortcuts/time saves it could bring
(10th November 2020, 2:32 PM)Atari4600 Wrote: [ -> ]or is the rule no glitches which would allow the head clip because it is not a glitch regardless of the shortcuts/time saves it could bring

This one.
(10th November 2020, 12:59 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: [ -> ]Usually contests don't allow glitches to make it fair game, but this contest is slightly different since everyone uses shortcuts to achieve a faster time.

But that's my point; you can't allow glitches, but clipping your head through blocks isn't a glitch. Which confuses me as to why it's still more commonly referred to as "head glitch".
(11th November 2020, 1:13 PM)Mystery Wrote: [ -> ]But that's my point; you can't allow glitches, but clipping your head through blocks isn't a glitch. Which confuses me as to why it's still more commonly referred to as "head glitch".

it's a pretty common term using among other games too, so I suppose it just caught on. there are head glitches in other games that aren't even glitches also; things like peeking over cover in CoD and whatnot, yet they still have the term.
oh yeah, this poll is closed. The people have spoken!! Head glitches/clips are allowed now in SOTWR Smile
Really late, but since I am no longer the host of Speedrunner of the week, head glitches are not allowed per the new host's discretion Smile