Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Small PR2 EXP Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently changed some things around in the server code to make the EXP system a bit more user-friendly. Text from the pull request description:

bls1999 Wrote:This pull:
- Fixes a bug with contest prize EXP awarding that would sometimes set the player's EXP points to the prize amount if they ranked up at least once in the process.
- Implements: https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2998

Additionally, when rank tokens are enabled, the server will now use the player's base instead of active rank EXP progress for ranking and display. This means players won't have to decrease their rank tokens to rank up anymore and rank progress on popups/after races will use the player's base rank.

Special thanks to @lalafox for suggesting the change to contest EXP prizes. That code was a hot mess! It should now be firing on all cylinders. Smile

Edit: Another small change! The artifact will now award EXP based on your base rank (without rank tokens) plus the number of available tokens you have. That way, whether or not you have the tokens equipped doesn't matter; you're always getting the maximum amount of EXP!
@bls1999 the issue with the trial&error contest isn't a great reason to change it, it got into a hot mess because you guys full blasted the exp amount to a small rank account that couldn't handle it in the exp bar.

Macroers, who doesn't like to rank up at once likes to stack exp to be able to rank more than once, now this update is gonna cost macroers exp if they're at work like me who works 12 hr everyday.
(9th December 2020, 10:01 AM)Colind Wrote: [ -> ]Macroers, who doesn't like to rank up at once likes to stack exp to be able to rank more than once, now this update is gonna cost macroers exp if they're at work like me who works 12 hr everyday.

how does this cost you any exp? if anything stacking your ranks and waiting costs you exp because you could have had extra exp in the time you were stacking ranks instead
I don't see a downside to this. This is great for me as a macoer because I don't have to stop the macro to de-rank anymore.
@"Mystery" @David I took it as, if for example, an exp bar is at 20M and your macro surpass it to like 20.5M then when you rank up you'll lose 500k due to this update, if that isnt the case then I misunderstood
(9th December 2020, 12:58 PM)Colind Wrote: [ -> ]@"Mystery" @David I took it as, if for example, an exp bar is at 20M and your macro surpass it to like 20.5M then when you rank up you'll lose 500k due to this update, if that isnt the case then I misunderstood

That won't happen, don't worry. It's just a few quality of life changes that don't affect the actual behavior of the EXP system. If you understand PHP, feel free to take a look at the code I submitted to see the raw changes.

The EXP bar will always use your base rank (without tokens) to calculate the EXP needed for ranking so that you won't need to decrease your tokens to your base rank in order to rank up with high amounts of EXP.

For the EXP prize awards, it just fixes a couple of broken things that make the system function as intended -- as if the user had won the EXP in-game.

And for the artifact, it'll always use your highest possible rank (base rank + available tokens) to calculate the amount of EXP you can earn, so you're always getting the most EXP possible (no matter if you've maxed out your used tokens or not).

I hope that clarifies things a bit! LMK if you have any other questions.
Ey very nice