Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Kong Hat / Ant Set Obtainability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the methods for earning the Kong Hat and the Ant Set go away with the flash EOL, how would you most like those items to be earned moving forward?

Some ideas I've heard:
- Free in the [new] vault
- Won randomly
- Won on a level

Thoughts?
Option 1: Obtainment of Kong Hat does not need to be related to Kongregate (opens up options for obtaining it)
Option 2: Obtainment of Kong Hat *does* need to be related to Kongregate (less options)

Option 1 suggestion: get it for joining the Discord
Option 2 suggestion: get it for clicking the Kongregate logo in the intro (as per Benedani's suggestion on Discord)
There's this Kongregate logo that shows up at the start of the game. Maybe after clicking on it, you log in, and it gives you the hat.
[Image: unknown.png]
(29th December 2020, 7:47 AM)Benedani Wrote: [ -> ]There's this Kongregate logo that shows up at the start of the game. Maybe after clicking on it, you log in, and it gives you the hat.
[Image: unknown.png]

I like the meta aspect to that. Maybe something with the credits instead? Or clicking the Kong button in the bottom-left corner of the login menu?
Ant Set: free in Vault Of Magics
Kong Hat: Won randomly.

Since I can't find a level that fits a setting of Kongregate, the hat will be won randomly. Unless there will be a Creator Contest for making a level that awards the player a Kong hat.
Since Kong Hat boosts GP earned, I think the Ant Set should be some sort of guild prize. Maybe you can spend GP to unlock it.
Got enough random prizes and level specific prizes so I don't like those ideas, but I do like the idea of them being freebies in the vault since after all they were free for just simply logging in from Kongregate.

I also like the idea of clicking the Kongregate logo somewhere to obtain them, would be a new and unique way to obtain a prize.

Mystery's idea is intriguing having them be guild related, since the Kong Hat boosts GP perhaps it could be a prize for simply joining/creating a guild and as he suggested the Ant Set be bought with GP, (probably something really low since it was free before) although this probably isn't realistic as it would require a lot of work to put a system in place that allows purchasing something with GP. Maybe instead the Ant Set could be awarded for the first time you get a GP point(s) while in a guild? Or just simplify it and have both the Kong Hat and Ant Set be awarded for joining/creating a guild
(29th December 2020, 1:06 PM)David Wrote: [ -> ]Got enough random prizes and level specific prizes so I don't like those ideas, but I do like the idea of them being freebies in the vault since after all they were free for just simply logging in from Kongregate.

I also like the idea of clicking the Kongregate logo somewhere to obtain them, would be a new and unique way to obtain a prize.

Mystery's idea is intriguing having them be guild related, since the Kong Hat boosts GP perhaps it could be a prize for simply joining/creating a guild and as he suggested the Ant Set be bought with GP, (probably something really low since it was free before) although this probably isn't realistic as it would require a lot of work to put a system in place that allows purchasing something with GP. Maybe instead the Ant Set could be awarded for the first time you get a GP point(s) while in a guild? Or just simplify it and have both the Kong Hat and Ant Set be awarded for joining/creating a guild

The guild idea is intriguing. I've wanted to make a "guild vault" for a while (shout out to @Kursed for that suggestion wayyyyy back in the day), but of course right now my main priority is the new actual vault first.
I like the idea of clicking a kong logo somewhere or something
like an easter egg
(29th December 2020, 9:08 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea of clicking a kong logo somewhere or something
like an easter egg

Definitely agree with this, at least then you can choose whether or not you want it.
Since everyone and their mum in the active playerbase of PR2 already has the set/hat, it shouldn't be something that requires more effort than it did prior (which is hardly any) for the scant amount of newbies we have.

I'll second @Benedani 's idea, chiefly because it's silly and meta I guess and because I don't have anything better. If you don't want to be meta just stuff the hat and the Ant set into the random prize pool.
Implemented in v162!