Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: New FAH Prizes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Mod: This thread was split from the FAH prizes thread.

Artifact as a folding reward pl0x
Things that I want to be added to the fah rewards;

1) Artifact Hat - since you guys set the hat so high 'rare' then maybe it can be set at 75M or 125M

2) 9th rank tokens; 250M, 300M or 500M

3) 10th rank tokens; 750M, 800M or 1B
If they put artifact hat at 125m then I would fold to it

I suck at the other ways of getting it
(14th September 2020, 8:58 PM)Mystery Wrote: [ -> ]If they put artifact hat at 125m then I would fold to it

I suck at the other ways of getting it

100% I don't have the time in my day to grind out all these time gated methods of acquiring it, where as I would 100% fold for it even if it's 125mil.
125M is quite close to the 100M so maybe 150M
(15th September 2020, 6:00 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]125M is quite close to the 100M so maybe 150M

Not really... there hasn't even been many people that have folded 25m total.

I'd say 75m would be good; fills a gap between 7th and 8th rank tokens.
Why don’t we make a whole new set or a hat ? Make it “ ??? Mystery folding prize “
(15th September 2020, 10:19 AM)FDX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Not really... there hasn't even been many people that have folded 25m total.

I'd say 75m would be good; fills a gap between 7th and 8th rank tokens.

I meant as in 50M -> 100M then 100M -> 125M would be weird cos the gap is smaller
but ye 75M works
9th and 10th rank tokens when? For the elite folders.  Wink
We don't need anymore tokens in the game. If anything, we have one too many. Eight is enough. I'll agree with Artifact Hat and any additional hats in the future, but no more tokens. 👎🏻 The more tokens we have, the easier the game gets.
(12th April 2021, 7:13 AM)Fam93 Wrote: [ -> ]We don't need anymore tokens in the game. If anything, we have one too many. Eight is enough. I'll agree with Artifact Hat and any additional hats in the future, but no more tokens. 👎🏻 The more tokens we have, the easier the game gets.

How so? Doesn't change much at all. The top folders can just get a couple more tokens as a reward for folding so many points for Team Jiggmin. Even 250m and 500m points for 9th and 10th respectively would be fine, as it just makes them rare rewards for those willing to fold that many points. If you mean "easier" as in 2 more stat points, anyone can already buy many tokens from the VoM.
(12th April 2021, 11:31 PM)FDX3 Wrote: [ -> ]How so? Doesn't change much at all. The top folders can just get a couple more tokens as a reward for folding so many points for Team Jiggmin. Even 250m and 500m points for 9th and 10th respectively would be fine, as it just makes them rare rewards for those willing to fold that many points. If you mean "easier" as in 2 more stat points, anyone can already buy many tokens from the VoM.

You made some valid points. However, the problem is that when/if @bls1999 considers adding a couple more tokens in the game, people won't know when to stop suggesting tokens. It'll get to a point where someone's gonna say, 'ok, @bls1999 added 2 more tokens considering 750m [email protected] pts for 11th token, and 1B pts for 12th. Let's see if we can push him a little further.'

It'll never stop, trust me on that one my guy. Soon, people will be able to afford better graphics cards for [email protected], and VoM will gradually become essentially worthless, if more tokens are added. At the end of the day, there's nothing wrong with wanting more tokens in the game for [email protected] pts, but too many of them can be overrated.
(13th April 2021, 12:14 PM)Fam93 Wrote: [ -> ]You made some valid points. However, the problem is that when/if @bls1999 considers adding a couple more tokens in the game, people won't know when to stop suggesting tokens. It'll get to a point where someone's gonna say, 'ok, @bls1999 added 2 more tokens considering 750m [email protected] pts for 11th token, and 1B pts for 12th. Let's see if we can push him a little further.'

It'll never stop, trust me on that one my guy. Soon, people will be able to afford better graphics cards for [email protected], and VoM will gradually become essentially worthless, if more tokens are added. At the end of the day, there's nothing wrong with wanting more tokens in the game for [email protected] pts, but too many of them can be overrated.

I'd say beyond 10 would be too much. But 10 would be a nice number to stop at. Also it'd be similar to adding 2 more (4th and 5th) back in the day. 0 to 3, 3 to 5, 5 to 8, 8 to 10. Nice pattern to end on.
(13th April 2021, 6:07 PM)FDX3 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say beyond 10 would be too much. But 10 would be a nice number to stop at. Also it'd be similar to adding 2 more (4th and 5th) back in the day. 0 to 3, 3 to 5, 5 to 8, 8 to 10. Nice pattern to end on.

That's fair enough 🤔 If it were to happen, 10 would definitely be the max. Then @AlphaZ could easily surpass @Colind by one rank, 71+10 vs 72+8. That'd be an epic lead takeover 😯 Ofc then @Colind would be forced to fold again, but I doubt he'll fold 350m more.
It's kinda weird not having artifact as a folding reward because [email protected] is the longest running contest we have. It's a competition to climb to the top of both the user ranks and team ranks. It would provide a way to get the hat outside of ridiculous contests like GGP, COTM and T&E. Ironically COTM offers both epic crown/cowboy which are only obtainable through folding and yet artifact is not obtainable. Some of these contests even require you to be judged; which I've heard, is quite hard to get nowadays. Besides, it would still take a considerable amount of time to get the artifact should it become a folding reward.

The only reason I suggested a 9th and 10th rank token is because why not? This is more of a nitpick, but 8 overall tokens seems rather 'unfinished.'
(13th April 2021, 7:20 PM)Fam93 Wrote: [ -> ]Ofc then @Colind would be forced to fold again, but I doubt he'll fold 350m more.

He absolutely would lol. He has an RX 6800 on the way which can fold around 3M PPD. Or he could just rent GPUs again as he did for all of his accounts.
(13th April 2021, 7:20 PM)Fam93 Wrote: [ -> ]That's fair enough 🤔 If it were to happen, 10 would definitely be the max. Then @AlphaZ could easily surpass @Colind by one rank, 71+10 vs 72+8. That'd be an epic lead takeover 😯 Ofc then @Colind would be forced to fold again, but I doubt he'll fold 350m more.

I feel like even if Colind didn't fold then someone would fold for Colind eventually
I can get behind 2 additional tokens, 10 is a nice number to stop at but definitely no more. 250 million and 500 million points sound like ideal point requirements for those. I think we also gotta have some sort of prize at 1 billion, it's an insane number of points but a great number and thus a great goal for a single person to achieve
I honestly don't understand why artifact hat isn't a [email protected] prize. I'm a completionist, and it's irritating that there's a hat that I physically cannot get. Not only do I not have the time, but I've also got crippled wrists. Even if I wanted to get it through a contest, it's irrelevant because it's not physically possible for me. At least make it far away. If it encourages people to dedicate their GPUs to help research harmful diseases and cancers, then we should take advantage of that.
(13th April 2021, 9:57 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: [ -> ]It's kinda weird not having artifact as a folding reward because [email protected] is the longest running contest we have. It's a competition to climb to the top of both the user ranks and team ranks. It would provide a way to get the hat outside of ridiculous contests like GGP, COTM and T&E. Besides, it would still take a considerable amount of time to get the artifact should it become a folding reward.

It is a nice alternative way to obtain the Artifact hat because not everyone has time to sit in front of a computer and play tournaments all day. Someone like @Colind has to work most of the time, so that won't work. Based on the Arti's abilities, I wouldn't place a high folding bounty on it. Maybe 50m?

(13th April 2021, 10:57 PM)FDX3 Wrote: [ -> ]He absolutely would lol. He has an RX 6800 on the way which can fold around 3M PPD. Or he could just rent GPUs again as he did for all of his accounts.

RX 6800? 😯 That's not bad compared to the GTX 3080/3090 which is 5/6M. On the other hand, I didn't know you could just rent GPUs like that. I should do that for my accounts 🤔

(13th April 2021, 11:07 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like even if Colind didn't fold then someone would fold for Colind eventually

Yeah it'd have to be someone very generous enough to fold him 250m for 9th, and another for 10th lol.
Pages: 1 2 3