Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: What's your Youtube video quality?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's nothing more disgusting than trying to watch an HD video on Youtube, only to be converted to a lower quality because your monitor can't even handle the capabilities! In general, if you're a Windows user and you're trying to watch a 4k video, then you should have options to watch a video higher than a 1080p resolution at your disposal, on any of the recommended Windows web browsers.

But if you're a Mac user, then you can forget about it because unless you have some type of converter or if you use a different web browser, you won't be picking up anything higher than 1080p on a safari. This link has options that may help you watch videos that'll tolerate 4k quality on Safari:

https://hazeover.com/4ktube.html

Generally not everyone can afford to watch or stream videos on Youtube that are of an advanced HD quality other than 720p or 1080p, and that's usually because their monitor is either trash, or their internet speeds aren't exactly the best out there. If you can afford it, then it's usually a good idea to run internet speeds up to 5.0GHZ and at least 5MPS to be able to successfully record, stream, or watch HD videos higher than 720p.

Anything less than that and you can forget about streaming, recording, or watching HD videos. But doesn't it annoy the living shit out of you that you may not be able to watch your favorite Youtube videos in possibly 1080p+ because of your internet speeds, monitor, Wifi, etc? Even if you're recording your gameplay on your PS5/xbox one, you could still suffer lag issues from poor internet speeds.

The higher your internet speeds are, the greater the chances are of you being able to watch HD videos, if you have the tools at your disposal. Spectrum usually has a 200MPS option, which is great for 4k/8k video streaming. If you're looking for a damn good, HD camera, and you can afford to climb a really high financial ladder, than check these guys out:

https://top10cameras.net/8k/

But what happens when you try to climb the ladder that's too high for you to climb? Well here's what happens:
  • Lag issues
  • Buffering
  • Frozen screen
  • Glitchy screen
  • Video Quality decreased

Damn that sucks! The level of disgusting, split into five, video resolution killers! 🤢🤮

Not to say that I'm the one who's affected by this, but to see if any of you guys are having any problems where you'll try to watch, record, or stream an HD video, only to suffer some of the problems listed above. Or better yet, even if you're one of those people who'll try and convert videos to 2k/4k, only to find out that your internet may be the problem; you've wasted your money buying a converter in the first place.

As for gamers, you know you want that sweet, 60FPS when streaming and recording! 💪🏼

Wouldn't you like to have this option, smirk 😏

[Image: tcnZhKE.jpg]

Resolution list

• FULL UHD 8k: 7680 x 4320
  • ULTRA HD 4k: 3840 x 2160
  • QUAD HD 2k: 2560 x 1440
  • FULL HD 1080p: 1920 x 1080
  • Standard HD 720p: 1280 x 720
  • Standard Definition (SD) 480p: 720 x 480
  • Borderline 360p: 640 x 360
  • Unacceptable 240p: 426 x 240
  • TRASH 144p: 256 x 144

Interesting fact: the higher the resolution is, the clearer and brighter the screen is, which means that watching videos in 4k/8k could potentially hurt your eyes.

So yeah, let me know what quality you're running on your videos for YouTube, streaming, recording, gaming, or even your smartphones.
(24th May 2021, 2:15 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: [ -> ]I watch/upload at 1080p; this is standard for most. When I was running my 1440p 144Hz monitor I'd never go out of my way to change quality settings to the highest.

Same thing with my smartphone. I have a BLU G9 PRO, and it'll only handle Youtube videos in 2k. It lags if I place it higher.
I hate how they call it 2k, 4k, etc. what a scam lol and diff system to up to 1080p
but yeah when I uploaded to YT I think it was 720p before I removed my vids
I watch YouTube videos in 4K whenever possible, my monitor is only 1080p but 4k looks much better due to how chroma subsampling works (test it yourself, there's a noticeable difference)

(24th May 2021, 2:29 PM)Fam93 Wrote: [ -> ]Same thing with my smartphone. I have a BLU G9 PRO, and it'll only handle Youtube videos in 2k. It lags if I place it higher.

you sure it's not your internet connection?
(24th May 2021, 5:47 PM)David Wrote: [ -> ]you sure it's not your internet connection?

Nahh bro, it's definitely the phone. It acts up with or without the wifi turned on, sometimes. It'll work on certain 4k videos, but not the majority of them.

Btw, are you using 4:4:4 full sampling, 4:2:2 subsampling, or 4:2:0?
oh if you mean what's the highest quality my laptop can run videos on
it can do some 8K vids but not others
it can do 4K at 2x tho
and it's internet bottleneck rather than laptop
(24th May 2021, 6:29 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]oh if you mean what's the highest quality my laptop can run videos on
it can do some 8K vids but not others
it can do 4K at 2x tho
and it's internet bottleneck rather than laptop

8k?? What's the name of your laptop company? I may need to do some research on it. Are you using Windows or Mac?
(24th May 2021, 6:40 PM)Fam93 Wrote: [ -> ]8k?? What's the name of your laptop company? I may need to do some research on it. Are you using Windows or Mac?

Lenovo, Windows 10
also it can't display 8k I just mean it can load the videos in 8k
it's 1080p actual display
(24th May 2021, 8:51 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]Lenovo, Windows 10
also it can't display 8k I just mean it can load the videos in 8k
it's 1080p actual display

Oh ok. So even though it'll load 8k videos, it won't actually make a difference in the display because its' maxed out at 1080p 🤔 Got it 👍 Yeah that's what I mentioned in the upper part of the thread, how Windows will still give you that option, anyway.
(24th May 2021, 10:21 PM)Fam93 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok. So even though it'll load 8k videos, it won't actually make a difference in the display because its' maxed out at 1080p 🤔 Got it 👍 Yeah that's what I mentioned in the upper part of the thread, how Windows will still give you that option, anyway.

Ye
the OP was a bit disorganised so it was a bit confusing lol
240p like an OG
I don't know too many people who can afford an 8k camera at $3,800.