Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Some days I wonder...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...how well some members who were previously on JV are doing. 

Am i the only person who feels like I’m kind of stuck? I always seem to revisit this site but I can’t tell why. No offense to Bls, the moderator staff or active community members- but i dont really feel any connection like i did when i was younger. So why do i keep visiting and pondering? Does anyone else relate?

I always assume (or hope) old users from JV have developed into people they wanted to be and they are living their best life. Particularly those who have moved on and never visit or keep contact anymore. 
A somewhat relevant experience i had was that I once messaged Ross on Steam (out of complete random, i was never very close with Ross) to say hello. We talked briefly about the old members and who we keep in contact with today! We did also mention some names of users we both had no idea where they went... could they even be alive? 
We ended on wishing the best for each other, and we both agreed it felt strange to even think about the old days, even for that brief conversation

Sometimes it seems surreal to think ive been on JV for over 10 years. It almost feels like it’s a part of my life I can’t let go, but i’m certainly thankful for it in a strange way. I’m a completely different person than who I was back then and I do feel it’s even helped shape me in some ways... still, I can’t help but feel there is something i can’t explain that brings me back every once in a blue moon...

Perhaps this is more of a blog post, as it’s me mumbling on about things without point LOL
but I’m hoping that some of you can relate, i would love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

K
I know how you feel. I still wonder from time to time what happened to Darke. He went into a serious surgery and said if it went well, he wouldn't come back. But there's no way of knowing if it went well or not. I don't even know how I could find out.

I think things, for me at least, have improved for the better, in terms of this community. I was awful to pretty much everyone on JV. I'm thankful all the time for this community and I always feel blessed to be a part of it.
The Internet is a big place, and most of the time our interactions with other users are very short lived, ranging from a few minutes on a single round of an online game, to a few seconds on a comment section. You will very rarely remember most people from those type of exchange, as you don't get any time to develop a semblance of a bond whatsoever.

Sometimes though, you'll end up on forums, games you'll spend more time with the same people, or other places like JV, where you'll continuously stumble upon the same folks for days, weeks, months, even years... no wonder why the connection is bigger, even if no one ever realises that. It never hits until time flows, and some have moved on to different things, not always with context for their fellow community members.

As we all go our separate ways, after a while, I imagine that is when we will randomly get this feeling of nostalgia at some point. Where are they now, what have they been doing, are they alright, do they even remember this or that ? All legitimate questions, and they do apply to pretty much anyone you can remember after all those years have passed by. I guess it's the same for some elementary or high school peeps that you never really think about. Maybe it's the same for some objects or places you used to go or own, but when you part from inanimate objects like that, there is no sense of continuity for them, while in the meantime people go on with lif... at least we hope.

Anyway, chances are you will never see or hear from them again, whether it is on the Internet or in person, but the link between you still exists, and once in a while your brain will lead you into thinking about it. Nostalgia and wonder go pretty well together during such moments. Every now and then it's good to at least remember what used to be, and what the good times were like. We can only wish for the best to all the people we lost track of along the path.
[Image: 3vlkno.jpg]

At this point, it is just habit. I am still here because I have nothing else better to do. I am a pretty boring guy, so there is not much going on in my life (the way I want it.)
(17th June 2021, 1:10 PM)TRUC Wrote: [ -> ]As we all go our separate ways, after a while, I imagine that is when we will randomly get this feeling of nostalgia at some point. Where are they now, what have they been doing, are they alright, do they even remember this or that ? All legitimate questions, and they do apply to pretty much anyone you can remember after all those years have passed by. I guess it's the same for some elementary or high school peeps that you never really think about. Maybe it's the same for some objects or places you used to go or own, but when you part from inanimate objects like that, there is no sense of continuity for them, while in the meantime people go on with life... at least we hope.

I personally think that nostalgia factor is why I keep coming back to forums I visited a lot (particularly here) and I tend to try to check up on people. I mean, let me put it this way...after JV went down for good...I sat pondering...wondering what would fill that (admittedly) large void in my day. Maybe I'll get a job and work those hours away...maybe I'll snag a new hobby that will devour those hours I had left over...maybe I'll find another forum! 

In fact, I did all those things (and yes, the nostalgia factor did factor into that forum, too. I actually am in a discord server with about 25-35 of my closest friends there! And yes, I HAVE met up with them before). But, I still yearned to know how everyone was. When I noticed there was one (and soon two) new forum, I pounced on the chance to see how my closest JV friends (and everyone else) have been! And over time I did lose interest (there is something missing about the OG JV site that I look for) but I've come back each and every time...for no matter how long it may be. I believe that the JV forum was a bit different than some other forums...in that many of us members interacted with one another frequently enough to form a solid, if not impervious, relationship. I'm sure eventually, when i do actually leave, I will still try to stay in contact with those I'm close to. And hell, I might even want to meet up with some of y'all...but who knows.

Does this make any sense lmao. Idk...maybe
(26th June 2021, 2:17 AM)solorzmiguel Wrote: [ -> ]yes i keep coming back to see if these lame ass dudes ever fix their game. plot twist: they don't

i keep coming back to JV to see if solorzmiguel has made a post
tl;dr I also wonder about things too