Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Flash Player Hardware Acceleration broken on latest AMD drivers (22.5.2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know yall can't really fix the cause of this problem but I'm trying to work around it: is there a way to turn off hardware acceleration without the proper options menu? The proper menu is also broken (it doesn't open)

games aren't really playable like this

[Image: 32JueRo.png]
I know on NVIDIA you can specify specific applications to use run on hardware acceleration rather than integrated graphics. I don't think it's a Flash-specific problem, probably a setting you can change within some AMD control panel.

Inside the NVIDIA control panel, there's a "3D Settings" and "Program Settings" and you can specify which applications to run for which hardware acceleration. Hopefully there's a setting like that for AMD? I'm not familiar with AMD, but I believe this is solved through AMD, not Flash.
turn it on and then turn it off
(23rd May 2022, 8:41 PM)Kribbles Wrote: [ -> ]I know on NVIDIA you can specify specific applications to use run on hardware acceleration rather than integrated graphics. I don't think it's a Flash-specific problem, probably a setting you can change within some AMD control panel.

Inside the NVIDIA control panel, there's a "3D Settings" and "Program Settings" and you can specify which applications to run for which hardware acceleration. Hopefully there's a setting like that for AMD? I'm not familiar with AMD, but I believe this is solved through AMD, not Flash.
This would probably work, but I don't have integrated graphics
You should be able to disable hardware acceleration by right-clicking, clicking settings, and then unchecking "enable hardware acceleration."
(24th May 2022, 4:10 PM)bls1999 Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to disable hardware acceleration by right-clicking, clicking settings, and then unchecking "enable hardware acceleration."
Settings doesn't open, only global settings works, and that has no option for hardware acceleration.
btw why is yours flash 26
mine is flash 32
(28th May 2022, 1:27 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]btw why is yours flash 26
mine is flash 32

@ThePizzaEater1000 the latest version should say Adobe Flash Player 32 at the top. Try re-downloading from https://pr2hub.com/download.
(29th May 2022, 6:45 PM)bls1999 Wrote: [ -> ]@ThePizzaEater1000 the latest version should say Adobe Flash Player 32 at the top. Try re-downloading from https://pr2hub.com/download.
[Image: aqBS1Q4.png]

Still broken.

I have noticed that I could get games working on very old versions of flash (hardware acceleration stops working after flash version 10), which leads me to believe this is something to do with directx 11 optimizations breaking hardware acceleration, though I'm not sure if that's what versions after 10 are using.
Going to the older version and disabling hardware acceleration there has worked.

[Image: dDHBzGj.png]
If all else fails, I use https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/ and they have multiple Flash versions and you could try seeing what they do differently.
yeah thats what I used
In case anybody else has this issue, it is resolved on version 22.11.1 (at least on my system, yours may differ)