Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Ghost Guilds and Ghost GP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've always found so unpleasant to the eye how total GP don't match the actual GP the guild has:
  • If a user leaves or gets kicked out of a guild, the points that user earned for that guild should be removed.

Ghost guilds (guilds where there are 0 members left) should be removed too. 
  • When there's 0 users left in a guild, remove the guild ownership and set it available for the public again.

[Image: Fk5KJ9F.png][Image: IC1RsXR.png]

Also, I found this special case for this guild, this guild has less points than what it should have... maybe it's a glitch or it's broken.

Addition operations should return a result of 19,936 Total GP, not 19,738.

[Image: zm2EkyB.png]
Can't remember the exact date when this happened but most of these issues were caused by the same thing.

A bunch of guilds got deleted I think which is why a lot of these have no members.
The guilds were eventually recovered but the users were not put back in them.
Most users are in the lost and found guild (ID: 0).

If you view a guild at https://pr2hub.com/guild_search.php you can see who the owner was.

Not sure about that last guild tho that's weird.

I may be wrong on some details there.
I personally don't think that when a user leaves a guild it should be taken away from the GP total but it has no use so doesn't really matter.
Posting for reference.

GP Total and Members for this guild are cursed
[Image: image.png]
I think having GP from past members is fine, but also have a display that's total GP of current members
(13th March 2023, 9:13 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]I think having GP from past members is fine, but also have a display that's total GP of current members

I think this is the way. With this suggestion, when I rework the guild popup, it will have these GP-related fields:
- All-Time GP
- Current GP (sum of current members' GP + remaining from a future guild vault)
- GP Today

I imagine there would also be a "total GP used" field in the database. This would preserve the earned GP counts of each individual guild member for display on the popup.