Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: DUMBEST THREADS ON JV šŸ’€
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[Image: EQi3br9.jpg]

I see people posting to these threads all the time. Why?ā€¦ Iā€™m not sure. But, if you think about it, these threads arenā€™t really providing anything for you to learn, are they? In the long run, theyā€™re just taking up too much space in the forums. It's like when you have 1TB of storage space on your PC, but then all of a sudden you've used over 800GB of space, already. Then, you're perplexed at the situation because you're oblivious as to where that space went to, you see what I mean?

I used to post to some of those threads every now and then, until I realized just how stupid I felt posting there in the first place. If you contribute to these useless threads, then you should feel like a Village Idiot. I'm not casting aspersions on anyone for contributing to those silly ass threads, I'm just letting you know just how ignorant it is.

The truth is, when you're a well-respected member of a community, people will contribute to the most asinine things that you post - whether it's on Twitter, Instagram, or even TikTok. This is how you potentially lose brain cells during the process because you're not really learning anything; you're just jumping on board because everyone else is doing it, right? Yeah, it seems fun at first, but the question is, why the hell are you doing it? Every new generation seems to be about going along with the crowd instead of adopting critical thinking skills. Apparently using critical thinking skills is obsolete, nowadays; it's a new trend.

"Count to 500 before a mod posts", "Count to 600 before an admin posts"... lmfao, what the hell is this, bro?! šŸ˜‚ No offense to the ones who created those threads, but it's just like, why though?? Every week, people are regurgitating the same garbage from these asinine posts, and it's ridiculous and insufferable. I'm telling you, man, no one seems to bat an eye to stop and ask why; they just go along with it.

Back in the old days of JV (2009), you wouldn't see too many ridiculous threads like this. Every week, I used to read the forums and there would be something interesting popping up. But, those were the golden ages of JV, just like PR2. Now, we have a boulder rolling down the hill that cannot be stopped. It's been reduced to useless threads that take up too much space. It's crowded with guests who are wondering why these people are wasting their time contributing to these silly ass threads.

I normally don't make threads like this, but I thought it needed to be addressed because I see this crap all the time. That's what makes me "Different" - I stand out amongst the crowd and choose not to participate and think like everybody else. If everyone were the same, then the world would be extremely boring.

If I should receive a strike, get censored, or get ridiculed for voicing my own opinion about these things, then you should ask yourself why you're logging on JV in the first place. If everyone posted interesting things like they used to (before COVID hit), then maybe JV wouldn't be on the massive verge of dying. All these current threads do is disparage the JV community.

I'm posting this information because I believe we can all do better; why do you log on JV in the first place? Think, people! One of the reasons people are leaving, or they don't log on anymore is because they're tired of seeing the same old garbage, every week!šŸ’”šŸ¤” JV is long past its prime, partially because of these silly ass threads.
(27th May 2023, 1:46 PM)Different Wrote: [ -> ]but the question is, why the hell are you doing it?
They're something to just post on whilst checking the site for new posts elsewhere, used to be on these kinda threads a lot more when bored but not anymore, now it's more-so just an "Whilst I'm here may as well just pop a post in for the activity".

(27th May 2023, 1:46 PM)Different Wrote: [ -> ]Every new generation seems to be about going along with the crowd instead of adopting critical thinking skills. Apparently using critical thinking skills is obsolete, nowadays; it's a new trend.
I will say here that in terms of these threads in particular, doing one thing that doesn't require critical thought doesn't imply that nothing requiring critical thought is being done elsewhere.

(27th May 2023, 1:46 PM)Different Wrote: [ -> ]"Count to 500 before a mod posts", "Count to 600 before an admin posts"... lmfao, what the hell is this, bro?! šŸ˜‚ No offense to the ones who created those threads, but it's just like, why though??
I think these were threads on old JV too, although I don't know when they were created and if it was before or after when you said earlier.

(27th May 2023, 1:46 PM)Different Wrote: [ -> ]Back in the old days of JV (2009), you wouldn't see too many ridiculous threads like this. Every week, I used to read the forums and there would be something interesting popping up.
The thing here isn't that there were less of these kinda threads overall, just that they were less of a percentage of threads and so someone wouldn't've noticed them as much.

(27th May 2023, 1:46 PM)Different Wrote: [ -> ]I normally don't make threads like this, but I thought it needed to be addressed because I see this crap all the time. That's what makes me "Different" - I stand out amongst the crowd and choose not to participate and think like everybody else. If everyone were the same, then the world would be extremely boring.
[...]
If everyone posted interesting things like they used to (before COVID hit), then maybe JV wouldn't be on the massive verge of dying. All these current threads do is disparage the JV community.
It's fine if you don't want to post in these threads if you don't like them and it is good to see you make threads on topics to try to get some discussion going. I've made some threads but I should think of some more to make so I'll try to do that.

(27th May 2023, 1:46 PM)Different Wrote: [ -> ]Think, people! One of the reasons people are leaving, or they don't log on anymore is because they're tired of seeing the same old garbage, every week!šŸ’”šŸ¤” JV is long past its prime, partially because of these silly ass threads.
I would say that these threads in particular aren't to blame but really a couple of other things, one being the lack of new threads but you do assist with activity in that regard which is good, another is just the general decline of forums over the years as a lot more stuff has moved to places like Discord.
The lessening popularity of Jiggmin games, especially the Platform Racing series, also contributed to this as even the original JV was on decline before its abrupt end back in mid-2015 if I recall. The death of flash on major browsers was effectively the final nail in the coffin for this.
If there were to be either a port of PR2 on Steam or a new Platform Racing game on there it could increase activity but there are problems for each. A port of PR2 on Steam would likely require all of the original songs to be either changed or have rights obtained as at least some of them have been found to be unauthorised rips from Newgrounds or other such places. In terms of a new Platform Racing game, I feel that Jiggmin wants to move on and pretty much has by now since he's got other more important things to deal with so it'd have to be made by someone else in the community with the permission of Jiggmin.
(27th May 2023, 4:15 PM)CamerĀ theĀ Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]I would say that these threads in particular aren't to blame but really a couple of other things, one being the lack of new threads but you do assist with activity in that regard which is good, another is just the general decline of forums over the years as a lot more stuff has moved to places like Discord.

Yeah it seems like people don't care to post like they used to anymore, which is quite strange. I recognized this ahead of time, so I figured I'd give people something to brag about because JV is dying. The thing about discord is that I can't post threads there, like I can on JV.

(27th May 2023, 4:15 PM)CamerĀ theĀ Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]The lessening popularity of Jiggmin games, especially the Platform Racing series, also contributed to this as even the original JV was on decline before its abrupt end back in mid-2015 if I recall. The death of flash on major browsers was effectively the final nail in the coffin for this.

100% agreeing on this. Also, I believe the original JV began to decline in late 2014, same with PR2. Jiggmin should have had a handy backup at the time, instead of allowing it to decline for such a long time.

(27th May 2023, 4:15 PM)CamerĀ theĀ Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]If there were to be either a port of PR2 on Steam or a new Platform Racing game on there it could increase activity but there are problems for each. A port of PR2 on Steam would likely require all of the original songs to be either changed or have rights obtained as at least some of them have been found to be unauthorised rips from Newgrounds or other such places. In terms of a new Platform Racing game, I feel that Jiggmin wants to move on and pretty much has by now since he's got other more important things to deal with so it'd have to be made by someone else in the community with the permission of Jiggmin.

Yeah, people have been discussing ideas for PR4 for ages, now. If they were notified on discord that someone new were to takeover and that person created the game, then people would start to migrate to JV. I'm sure one day, Ben will contact Jiggmin, once he's out of school one day, and has spare time to take on such a high-demanding job.
You forgot:
Count to 100 before a CA posts
Last post wins!
Thank Everyone
The Alphabet Game
Ask & Answer Questions Game

The Alphabet Game andĀ Ask & Answer Questions Game areĀ probably the best out of all of these types of threads, and could be fun if people took a bit of time to think of something good to say.
(27th May 2023, 9:34 PM)MasterĀ Raiden Wrote: [ -> ]You forgot:
Count to 100 before a CA posts
Last post wins!
Thank Everyone
The Alphabet Game
Ask & Answer Questions Game

The Alphabet Game andĀ Ask & Answer Questions Game areĀ probably the best out of all of these types of threads, and could be fun if people took a bit of time to think of something good to say.

I must have missed those! Man, what really baffles me is that people actually contribute to these ignorant threads. I could tell them to walk to the grocery store on their hands, and they'll do it.

As for "The Alphabet Game" and "Ask & Answer Questions Game", it seems like people have grown tired of those. I don't know, maybe it has something to do with running out of "something good to say", or maybe they grew tired of 'thinking', which is something this new generation lacks (not everyone).
(27th May 2023, 9:34 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: [ -> ]Count to 100 before a CA posts

lmao thought I may as well complete a trilogy
deffo a meme thread tho
Count to 100 before OP posts I'll start
Whoops... Time to start over! Man, I don't see why some people enjoy participating in these silly ass games.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7