Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: Dat one guy from Argentina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellows,

I'm el padrino, (Mr._El_X was my second account [yeah we used to make multiple accounts before name change's were a thing]) aka "el" (most of the time), el pad or el x. I was user #31 (later on #2567 [I believe]), created an account the same day Jiggmin opened JV for everyone, right after Platform Racing 2 BETA launched. So yeah I've been here since Pr1 came out, I started using the forums when everything was a tone of purplish color, we didn't have VBulletin, just a big and long comment section page. My memory is kind of mixed, was it 2008 when this opened? so I was 12~13 years old (lol). So let's see, I was in my teenagers days and let me tell you something, I spoke a REALLY shitty broken english, so I was quite a character back in the day. JV and its comunitty were pretty wholesome and welcoming and it helped me to develop my english, still pretty rusty (not gonna lie), but I understand most of it, the hard part is speaking/writing since I kinda lost the rutine I used to have in here.

I'm from Argentina, southamericans were pretty rare here (I remember there was one guy from Chile) 2008 was quite a year, I moved to a diferent neighborhood, highschool days, and got a Windows XP PC with Internet for the first time in my life (and a pretty bad one hahaha). And it was a pretty big deal, this site is part of my childhood, it helped me in lots of "indirectly" ways, I mean I had friends in the weirdly called "real" life, just that now in retrospect, I appreciate my "online" friends, because that's what we were, friends, loooooooooooooong distance online friends. So I'd get up, open JV, read the forums, check out who were online and shoutout someone to play Pr2, go to school, get back home and repeat. I can assure you something, this site aged as we did, you couldn't tell back then but we were all kids, discovering and thinking everything was quite normal, it's the internet. As I said, JV was pretty wholesome, because we were like that, few year passes, most of us would get interested in something else, diferent things, life is just like that, friends come and go, suddenly this place it's not for you anymore, because the people you used to hang with is not there anymore and things. JV started to grow and grow, Pr2 was insanely active and big, crowded of a variety of people, ages, ethnicity, race, gender and sexuality too. You could see us maturing in the site, we would hang outside of JV, xat chat was one thing, MSN, Skype was just launched too, out of the rules JV had and could meet eachother evenmore.

The golden age of Adobe Flash, Platform Racing 2 was the most played multiplayer game on Kongregate (another huge deal), lots of newcomers, JV's population skyrocketed. There were tons of people joining everyday. OMGPOP.COM era, a site with ripped off games now death (we would play tetris online, discount bomberman and "draw my thing"). Memeing was pretty exclusive to forums like this one or 4chan (of course), not everyone had facebook nor twitter, it was myspace's last breath. And of course, a good amount of spicy drama to enjoy everyweek or so.  

It's so hard to describe in few words, lots of things happened as comunity and to ourselves too, growing up is weird. This isn't my first nostalgia shot, but it's a heavy one, maybe because this looks as it was, props to the overlords I didn't get to meet.

I don't know if any of the veterans are arround here these days but I just want to say hi to them it's been a long long long time, and hopefully one of them will read this someday sometime. Also don't know If I cared too much for anyone else, as I now think, I cared about them (but whatever lol). So to end this kind of letter, NF*NARUTO, Red X Wings, PoTaToZ, Artasmas, (and lot's of people more):
I'm 22 years old now, studying graphic design here in Buenos Aires, 2 more years till I graduate, working from time to time as a freelancer, doing woodengraving as hobby (maybe someday I'll make it my kind of job), hard drinking man, and am really fking gratitude to you as online companions, had shit tons of fun with you all. I hope you are doing fine in life and would like to hear it from you, that's all.

That is it everyone, just wanted to say what I'm feeling and share it with you, because JV and Jiggmin's work is something we all have in common. Enjoy life, be happy but also be sad, laugh and cry, it's all about experiencing.
Maybe I'll be arround I don't know, using this more to contact people I used to hang with. Laters!

Notes: I couldn't find my old avatar in the entire web!, had to get the sprites and make the gif by myself.
Well said! Glad to have you here. Welcome back to the village. Smile
Hey and welcome back! Fun to see an old school member here :]

I do sadly not recognize your name, but your avatar looks very familiar to me for some reason haha.
wtf Im not reading all that.

Tl;dr please.
Saw the title of the thread and thought of ax6 but hi
Welcome back yo! Big Grin
hey I'm the real guy from Buenos Aires

fakes begone