Pyramids Hell Thu, 3:57 J m i Platform Racing 2
YouTubers! Wed, 17:21 Camer the Dragon Multimedia Masterpieces
PR2 Level ID Creation Date Guid... Tue, 8:15 Master Raiden Platform Racing 2
VAPE 🍏🔋 Mon, 11:03 Janelle Discussion Hall
FRIED CHICKEN 🍗 Mon, 10:47 Different Discussion Hall
Level of the Week! (PR2) Mon, 1:52 Levente77 Platform Racing 2
pr2 Sun, 12:05 ZRD PR2 Suggestions

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,759
» Latest member: RussellVor
» Forum threads: 3,990
» Forum posts: 83,041

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 177 online users.
» 3 Member(s) | 170 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, Dangevin, Overbeing, ZRD

Latest Threads
PR2 Level Making Guide
Forum: Platform Racing 2
Last Post: Overbeing
25 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 6
PR2 Monkey Set
Forum: PR2 Suggestions
Last Post: Mulley
1 hour ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 582
Let's get this thread to ...
Forum: Village Games
Last Post: Mia
3 hours ago
» Replies: 16,257
» Views: 2,364,885
What situation has got yo...
Forum: Discussion Hall
Last Post: Master Raiden
Today, 3:07 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 565
Folding for people
Forum: Folding at Home
Last Post: Mia
Today, 1:07 AM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 595
2024 Folding Guide
Last Post: Stunt
Yesterday, 9:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 45
I remembered my password
Forum: Blogs
Last Post: Bluelightning
Yesterday, 9:59 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 175
CotM Round 63
Last Post: Eternal
25th March 2024, 7:09 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 234
VOTING: CotM Round 63
Last Post: Eternal
25th March 2024, 7:08 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 47
The Dash
Forum: PR2 Suggestions
Last Post: Magniloquent
25th March 2024, 6:33 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 7,581

What Is Your Favourite Drink?
Posted by: Camer the Dragon - 28th April 2019, 8:25 AM - Forum: Discussion Hall - Replies (16)

Cola is the drink of the Gods Cool Bow

Print this item

How To Sim?
Posted by: Jeffery - 23rd April 2019, 12:43 PM - Forum: Platform Racing 2 - Replies (6)

Is it possible to find a sim page that doesn't give the third-party website message? I've been stuck using 4 separate windows from pr2hub.com and it gets a lot more lag and problems than if I can have 4 pr2 windows on the same tab...

Print this item

[Suggestion] Block Limit
Posted by: bi3liu - 22nd April 2019, 8:03 PM - Forum: PR2 Suggestions - Replies (1)

Suggestion: increase the block limit

Reason: to make levels with more blocks

Print this item

PR2 Level Editor Problem
Posted by: J m i - 22nd April 2019, 7:08 PM - Forum: Bugs and Suggestions - Replies (13)

Hello users. I'm J m i and i want to explain a problem that i've found about the level editor. I could find this issue months / year ago but back then it wasn't a real problem as i've never done "long levels" with a lot of art on it, but on this case, i've created a long one so i had to draw a lot of BG (background) on it. I've talked with Bls and with other users like Vasalemma and they can confirm it, but i found it better to publish the issue over here so the community can judge/ write about it on here as well.
I will try to short it:

Problem: level editor has "low" art data? so it doesn't allow to paint as much as you need to.

Type of problem: Probably server issue? Probably the game doesn't support a lot of art per levels (Although thinking about this, that would be normal too as there are a lot of players and it would be a waste of memory if everyone draws a lot on every level that we create... Big Grin )

Expected behavior: Let player use more art on levels without level art being bugged.

Actual behavior: When you "use up a whole art", level got bugged so some ART parts of your level will be pixelated and bugged... So art can be destroyed and you can't even do nothing to fix this.

Steps to reproduce the problem: Just create a long map (not even neccesary) and draw a lot on it. Save the project so you will see level starts to be slower when you save or load it, and then when you draw in some other parts, the first draws will be destroyed (disappear or pixelated as i mentioned before)

Additional Information: It would be good, like an idea i can suggest, that IF ADMINS CAN'T increase the art/ draw memory of game (or whatever it controls it), THEN there should be a button to be able to DELETE ALL THE DRAWS ON THE LEVEL OR at least the data from that level (in 3D sofwares you can "delete all by type story" so it's like you free some kind of memory...

Print this item

PR2 v155: Artifact Fairness
Posted by: bls1999 - 22nd April 2019, 5:55 PM - Forum: Announcements - Replies (13)

This update provides fairer mechanics for winning the artifact prizes.

Changes/Additions
- New artifact mechanics
- Changed the Jigg Hat obtain message in part listing from part popup

Fixes
- Hopefully fixes random disconnects (increased time needed before socket server timeout)
- Context (right-click) menu is now correctly hidden

Here are the new mechanics for obtaining the artifact first:
- If the first finder doesn't have bubbles, then they get the bubbles as normal
- If the first finder has bubbles, the finder gets 10,000 EXP as a consolation prize
- If the artifact has already been found but the bubbles haven't been claimed, the bubbles go to the first person to find the artifact that doesn't already have bubbles

This can't really be tested privately without affecting the public servers, so I just pushed this straight to the server and skipped the beta testing phase. If you encounter any problems, please let me know!

Print this item

The Problems with Adobe Flash
Posted by: bls1999 - 20th April 2019, 10:45 PM - Forum: Announcements - Replies (5)

Ah, flash. My old friend.

For those who don't know what it is, Adobe Flash Player (also known as Shockwave Flash) is a virtual environment plug-in and standalone program designed to make running rich applications easy across different platforms (including both web and local machine support).

There are some really great perks of flash:

- ActionScript is really easy to learn and use. ActionScript (or AS) is the programming language that powers flash. AS2 is a lot like JavaScript, and AS3 is a lot like object-oriented JavaScript.
- It's great for indie designers/developers. Flash has been a great medium for creativity. Countless masterpieces have come out of the platform from people with little or no professional experience when they started (such as the Platform Racing series).
- It's versatile. There are many possibilities with flash development, such as things as complex as full-blown mobile apps, or something as simple as some floaty bubbles that sit on top of a website.

While flash was the popular method of sharing your creations starting near the turn of the century through about 2012, it has significantly declined since then. I'm sure by now you've heard that Adobe Flash Player will be losing support on Dec. 31, 2020. Why? What does this mean?

Over the years, flash has been plagued with countless issues. Even Jiggmin has grown to hate it...

(31st March 2012, 2:01 AM)Jiggmin Wrote:Before running off and making something with a 4 in it, I'd like to see how possible it is to develop a game in javascript instead of flash. (Flash is a sinking ship...)

...and with good cause. There are a lot of reasons to ditch flash:

- Security is almost non-existent. Bad guys can make flash files with malware attached that executes on your machine just by opening the file in your browser. This article has more useful information.
- Your code is not secure and can be manipulated or changed. Anyone can see your code using a decompiler, and some programs even have the ability to change it. If you really know what you're doing, you can even get past obfuscation (jumbling the code) and encryption (locking it so only machines can see it). Trying to prevent this in situations like highscore submission reminds me of that movie "Us"; anything a developer does can easily be changed/bypassed and recompiled by someone with access to the tools that allow them to change the code.
- It's not a native program. Despite having support across multiple platforms, flash requires installation of a plug-in or standalone application. The most notorious example of a platform that does not support flash is iOS (iPhones/iPads/iPod Touches).

So what does this mean for this site when flash loses support on Dec. 31, 2020? Well, the games on the front page won't be playable in your browser anymore; however, this won't prevent them from being played on your local machine with the standalone Adobe Flash program. I'll provide more information on this when the time comes.

A long-term goal I have between now and when flash loses support is to convert the more simple games to JavaScript. While this doesn't solve the problem of being able to view and manipulate the code client-side, this will allow them to be played on all platforms that support JavaScript (including iOS and all modern browsers). I'd also like to get some of the newer games Jiggmin made for flash working before I try to convert those (e.g. Volly-Bounce, Creation, War of the Web).

I'll have more time over the summer to devote to the development of this site, rehabilitation of old games, and conversion from AS to JavaScript. All of this is on hold until the end of the semester; until then, I'll be focusing primarily on schoolwork, and of course JV/PR2 in my free time.

Print this item

Limited Time: Bunny Set
Posted by: bls1999 - 20th April 2019, 3:08 PM - Forum: Announcements - Replies (6)

From the next 27 hours, you can log into your PR2 account to receive a free bunny set. Happy Easter weekend, and happy Passover!

Print this item

Write something about yourself
Posted by: Camer the Dragon - 19th April 2019, 9:47 AM - Forum: Discussion Hall - Replies (3)

Original by ProClifo over on AF http://forums.acidch.at/showthread.php?tid=7217 and it's pretty cool over there so I thought I'd bring it here too

Hey Big Grin
        You may know me as Camer999 as I went by that for about a decade until last month where I changed it to Camer the Cola Dragon which is now my name online (Apart from here, I don't even know if this site lets you have names that long lol). I joined PR2 in July 2009 (I forget which day exactly, I think it was either the 4th, 11th or 14th) after one of my friends at school told me about it. Over the Summer of 2009 I played PR2 a lot with my friends but after that they mostly left apart from one of my friends who played longer (Until ~2011/2012, you'll know him as Chma). I played PR2 loads on Kong until 2011 when I played it on JV as I was curious as to what the "Jiggmin.com" bit in the opening was and I liked it better on JV as there weren't a million ads slowing it down like on Kong... I saw JV at this time but didn't join as you needed to be 13 so I kinda forgot about the forum section until the end of the summer in 2013 where I joined on the 2nd of September 2013.
        At this point I started to play PR2 less (not every day) because of the diminishing activity, although I'd still play semi-regularly. I didn't really know what to use as an avatar so I just used smiley faces since I loved using the smilies and still do Tongue I started to play PR2 less and less due to the really low player count and was sad about it Frown I stayed on JV though as I liked it, but I still remember going on JV on the 30th of July 2015 at around midday and it not connecting, I thought it was a temporary issue but as more time passed I realised that JV had, without warning, gone down forever. That's when I stopped playing PR2 as I didn't want to play it on Kong and knowing JV died I thought it'd only be a matter of time before PR2 followed, especially with the low player count :'(
        About a week or two after JV died, I really fortunately remembered someone once mentioning a subreddit of JV (I forget who or where), so I made a reddit account (I knew what reddit was before this since polandball). When I saw the post mentioning Acid Forums I joined because I didn't like the fact that the communication between people I semi-knew online and liked talking to and me was just cutoff without any warning and I wanted to be on a forum site with the people I knew before Big Grin 
        Because the activity on AF started to go a bit I wasn't coming on as frequently (and after I went to uni I didn't come on at all). This was in September 2018. At this point I wasn't on JV, I wasn't on PR2 and I wasn't on AF and so I thought I'd never really see it again Frown I was kinda sad that most online stuff from before was gone. I came back on AF for a bit over the Christmas holidays but I didn't really feel it as it was literally just the MPT and the no SSL was the final reason I was never gonna come back there.
        Around mid-January 2019 I was re-watching one of TumTum's videos: "Broken Jiggmin Games Gameplay" because I like that one it's pretty funny Tongue and I liked watching it maybe every few months for nostalgia. I looked in the comments and I saw one from "Ben Suchwow" who I remembered was bls1999, I wondered if he had any PR2 videos from a while ago and so I clicked his channel and there were recent ones! I didn't really pay any attention to what they were even so I didn't even notice that he was an admin or the new Motley Monday Revival videos. I just subscribed and turned on notifications and forgot about it.
        On the 11th of February 2019 I got a new notification, I get loads a day since I'm subbed to loads of channels but this one was different, it was bls who'd uploaded and it was "Motley Monday Revival 12 - Doing the Impossible". My first thought was "Woah! bls is making his own Motley Monday that's really cool!" my next were, "wait, what does he mean by doing the impossible and why is he making Motley Monday vids?" so I watched it and realised that he'd gotten PR2's code back and had updated it Big Grin I played PR2 again to see what it was like. It still had low player count but I hadn't played in 3-4 years so I wanted to try it again. The video from bls also made me realise there was this forum and a discord for PR2. The discord is why I still go on PR2 a lot, knowing even if there's a low player count there are still other people who love PR2 (and I hope Platform Racing Forever will come out and be popular or at least semi-popular). I also like the discord as it's most likely gonna be more reliable than a couple of forum sites, so if one or even both go down I still have discord to keep in touch with people Smile 
        One day on PR2 after I came back I got a PM (I think I was simming lmao). The PM was from someone saying they wanted me to come back to AF. I was kinda split whether to come back there, but knowing there were some people who wanted me back I came back (even with no SSL). That pretty much brings me to today, in March I changed my name on most sites from Camer999 to Camer the Cola Dragon.
        For the future I love that bls is reviving the old games, I did like futurism back when it first came out but I didn't really draw anything back then so I wasn't good at the making your own cool cards' pictures bit, so if/when bls revives it then it'll be cool to be able to make some actual cards I like, maybe some jokey MSPaint ones which I like drawing and also some of my fursona Tongue I hope Jiggmin makes a PR4 this time, in the form of Platform Racing Forever which seems to be a kind of PR2+ but not in flash which sounds really exciting Big Grin

IRL I'm 18, called Cameron (as you probably could've guessed from "Camer" lol, I'm not good at making names), from England and currently at 1st year in Uni doing Maths (I hope to go on and do a PhD after I get a degree). The only good colours are clashing bright colours and I like cola way too much Angel Usually for free time I watch YouTube, play PR2, randomly look at Wikipedia or chat either on here, discord or AF. I hate stuff like suits and posh shirts so I always just wear T-Shirts and Jogging bottoms Cool 
        I don't do sports myself and don't really watch them unless it's international sports (Country VS Country), then I'll watch basically any sport. The Olympics are my favourite as there's loads of different sports to watch over about a fortnight, even if it is sometimes on at annoying times in the morning, like last time in Rio I'd stay up till 5am each day and seeing as 2020 is in Tokyo I see some early mornings and early bedtimes coming haha
        My favourite game ever is PR2 due to both how fun it is and the nostalgia of 2009 when Derron and Carina would always be full so me and my friends would play on Fitz, as even Grayan would be full sometimes. My favourite character from a game has gotta be Asriel from Undertale Big Grin

There's probably more I could say, but I forget a lot of stuff sometimes Tongue I'll just edit it into this post if I do remember anything else Rolleyes

Print this item

JV Memes
Posted by: Camer the Dragon - 19th April 2019, 7:44 AM - Forum: Village Games - Replies (20)

Why not?  Bow
let's bring back some stuff from the dead, most of which should've stayed dead Wink Cool

[Image: Beerd.jpg]

EDIT: post AF or PR2 memes too if ya got em Wink

Print this item

PR3R Subforum
Posted by: Northadox - 17th April 2019, 7:28 PM - Forum: Bugs and Suggestions - Replies (6)

The Platform Racing 3 Reborn community is pretty much centralized to its Discord server, Gods of PR3. I've spoken to some of the community there and there seems to be a minor interest in having a subforum for PR3R on JV2. Having a subforum may allow for some more "permanent" conversations about the game, and also be a nice hub for any future out-of-game contests. Clumping it in with "revived games" is silly, considering that section has only contained PR3R stuff, except for a thread about Kimblis the Blue I posted there once. Moderation shouldn't be that much of an issue - just like the notice in PR3R's page, just have a sticky that says to forward any issues about the game to the staff of PR3R.

Print this item