Jiggmin's Village
5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - Printable Version

+- Jiggmin's Village (https://jiggmin2.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Mt. Olympus (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: 5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status (/showthread.php?tid=1389)

5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - bls1999 - 5th January 2019

I am very, very close to having a final version of my initial PR2 client edits (including a GitHub pull that will make sure the server works with the new changes). I would estimate that I'll have something to send to Jiggmin by the end of January. No promises or guarantees of course, but I'm feeling very optimistic about my progress thus far.

This being said, I haven't had reliable access to my computer and had the time to work on PR2 since Monday. Additionally, I'll have limited (if any) access to my computer until Wednesday. After that, I should be back to my regularly scheduled programming. Smile

RE: 5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - MoonFiredk - 5th January 2019

Im sorry, but what does all this means? Will the new client be a downloaded vision? Will the client come with more stuff be added by the client? What Will the client Do ??

I asking because im hyped haha!

RE: 5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - bart172 - 5th January 2019

(5th January 2019, 5:15 AM)MoonFiredk Wrote: Im sorry, but what does all this means? Will the new client be a downloaded vision? Will the client come with more stuff be added by the client? What Will the client Do ??

I asking because im hyped haha!

Having access to the client's source code means that new updates to the game itself could be made!
New stuff could be added and bugs could be fixed!

Until *now* all they could do (since Jigg lost the client's source code) was updating the game server-side, which meant they couldn't add anything to the game itself.

RE: 5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - bart172 - 5th January 2019

(5th January 2019, 4:03 AM)bls1999 Wrote: I'm very close to having a final version of my initial PR2 client edits

This means you managed to (or are very close to) adding new stuff to the client?

Ohh okay, thank you!

RE: 5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - Eternal - 5th January 2019

(5th January 2019, 7:00 AM)bart172 Wrote: This means you managed to (or are very close to) adding new stuff to the client?

Yes, that is correct. There are tons of surprises we have in store for you all.

Thats sounds amazing! I'm hyped !

RE: 5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - Ashley766 - 5th January 2019

You should make a Motley Monday on all of the changes that are to come!! Smile

yeah please!

RE: 5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - ~Bowl - 5th January 2019

so bowler hat is being added right

RE: 5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - bls1999 - 5th January 2019

(5th January 2019, 12:28 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: You should make a Motley Monday on all of the changes that are to come!! Smile

Don't worry; I will when the time comes!

(5th January 2019, 8:55 PM)~Bowl Wrote: so bowler hat is being added right

Make the art and I'll consider it. Wink

RE: 5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - Northadox - 5th January 2019

It all hinges on Jiggmin, and on that front I'm a tad bit concerned. I remember the situation with PR3R on Freegoo.se and him not allowing it to be hosted on Kongregate, but that was a different beast than this is.

RE: 5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - bart172 - 7th January 2019

@bls1999 why do you have to send Jigg the files for the update(s)? I thought it was you and Eternal who ran the servers now

RE: 5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - __ - 7th January 2019

(7th January 2019, 4:27 AM)bart172 Wrote: @bls1999 why do you have to send Jigg the files for the update(s)? I thought it was you and Eternal who ran the servers now

lmao

RE: 5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - xGuest - 7th January 2019

I am so hyped

RE: 5 Jan - PR2 Dev Status - bls1999 - 11th January 2019

(7th January 2019, 4:27 AM)bart172 Wrote: @bls1999 why do you have to send Jigg the files for the update(s)? I thought it was you and Eternal who ran the servers now

Nope, Jiggmin still runs the servers and owns everything. That may change when PRF is released, though.