Jiggmin's Village
[PR2 Bug] Large EXP prizes + Rank Tokens = Bad - Printable Version

+- Jiggmin's Village (https://jiggmin2.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Mt. Olympus (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Bugs and Suggestions (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: [PR2 Bug] Large EXP prizes + Rank Tokens = Bad (/showthread.php?tid=2998)

Large EXP prizes + Rank Tokens = Bad - lalafox - 24th September 2020

I'm gonna word this the best I can, bare with me.

Basically, awarding an exp prize when rank tokens are on can make you lose a large sum of gained experience.

For example, let's say I awarded a rank 47+3 with 10 million experience, with rank tokens on. According to Fred bot, it takes about 8 million exp to rank up from 50 to 53. That means, when the 10 million experience is awarded, all 10 million will go from ranking up from 50 to 53, or basically 50 + 3. 
However, if rank tokens were off before the experience had been rewarded, they would rank all the way from 47 to 52 without rank tokens, because it takes only 8.8 million experience to go from 47 to 52. Which would ultimately make them two whole ranks higher, 52 + 3.

This is only a problem if the awarded experience is high enough to rank a person up with rank tokens on. As long as they don't rank up, they can take their tokens off and the experience could then rank them up accordingly. Large sums of experience like the prizes from Trial and Error will most likely cause this problem.

Thanks to @~mert~ and @bi3liu for pointing this out to me.

RE: Large EXP prizes + Rank Tokens = Bad - FDX3 - 24th September 2020

This isn't a bug though; it's how it's always worked and should remain so. If you don't want to miss out on the potential extra xp/ranks, just simply take the tokens off first. If anything, a thread like this can serve as a reminder/PSA for anyone who will be awarded xp from the trial and error thing. But nothing here needs fixing.

RE: Large EXP prizes + Rank Tokens = Bad - bi3liu - 24th September 2020

(24th September 2020, 10:03 PM)FDX3 Wrote: This isn't a bug though; it's how it's always worked and should remain so. 
same can be said for a lot of other bugs/fixes

well tho I can relate in your viewpoint of preferring to leave things as how they always been, I feel punishing ignorance is unfair (especially if the people awarding the exp prizes weren't completely knowledgeable about it either)

if we cant revert the loss of exp for everyone involved, least we can do is prevent it from happening again

RE: Large EXP prizes + Rank Tokens = Bad - ~mert~ - 25th September 2020

And i asked a0 (or somebody else) and he said rank tokens didnt matter so rip xdddd
"nothing here needs fixing" lol
of course it does, idk how hard it would be to fix though (i understand that fixing would be really hard)
But supporting to not fix is messed up

RE: Large EXP prizes + Rank Tokens = Bad - lalafox - 25th September 2020

(24th September 2020, 10:03 PM)FDX3 Wrote: This isn't a bug though; it's how it's always worked and should remain so. If you don't want to miss out on the potential extra xp/ranks, just simply take the tokens off first. If anything, a thread like this can serve as a reminder/PSA for anyone who will be awarded xp from the trial and error thing. But nothing here needs fixing.

One thing I'll say is that if there is a way to prevent it from happening, then it should be done. People work very hard for Trial and Error and deserve the entire sum of experience. It's not their own fault that this happened. Many people don't/didn't know about this, not only the competitors but also the judges.

RE: Large EXP prizes + Rank Tokens = Bad - bls1999 - 25th November 2020

Seems like a no-brainer to me. I'll take a look at this when I get a chance.

RE: Large EXP prizes + Rank Tokens = Bad - bls1999 - 9th December 2020

This should be fixed with server pull #690!