Jiggmin's Village
Pixel Tool - Printable Version

+- Jiggmin's Village (https://jiggmin2.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Mt. Olympus (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Bugs and Suggestions (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: PR2 Suggestions (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Thread: Pixel Tool (/showthread.php?tid=3076)

Pixel Tool - Ranko Danko - 23rd October 2020

Like brush tool but it's a pixel. Oh gosh please! It would make pixel art so much easier and in colour!

RE: Pixel Tool - Camer the Dragon - 24th October 2020

yes please especially since size 1 brush doesn't work like this

RE: Pixel Tool - Ashley766 - 24th October 2020

I'd love this to happen! It could be like pixelplanet Smile

RE: Pixel Tool - Ranko Danko - 24th October 2020

If I could have any of my suggestions added it would be this. PLEASE

RE: Pixel Tool - DivineZerinus - 26th October 2020

I love this idea!

RE: Pixel Tool - Ranko Danko - 25th November 2020

@bls1999 please add thisĀ  Frown

RE: Pixel Tool - Mia - 25th November 2020

I hate the small brush tool because of the blur it causes. It would be nice to have an alternative.

RE: Pixel Tool - Justinbob100 - 25th November 2020

I have a feeling this could harm existing levels

RE: Pixel Tool - Ranko Danko - 25th November 2020

How so?

RE: Pixel Tool - bls1999 - 25th November 2020

The problem with adding new brushes is I'd need to completely re-work the drawing system that's currently in PR2. As Justin said above, that has the potential to harm existing levels.

RE: Pixel Tool - ThePizzaEater1000 - 25th November 2020

wait ur size 1 brush doesn't already act like that?

RE: Pixel Tool - Ranko Danko - 26th November 2020

(25th November 2020, 6:55 PM)bls1999 Wrote: The problem with adding new brushes is I'd need to completely re-work the drawing system that's currently in PR2. As Justin said above, that has the potential to harm existing levels.
oh ok

RE: Pixel Tool - Lego-man945 - 27th November 2020

(25th November 2020, 6:55 PM)bls1999 Wrote: The problem with adding new brushes is I'd need to completely re-work the drawing system that's currently in PR2. As Justin said above, that has the potential to harm existing levels.

Atm, PR2 brushes are cloned sprites right?
Could we possibly just add another sprite?

RE: Pixel Tool - bls1999 - 27th November 2020

(27th November 2020, 1:38 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Atm, PR2 brushes are cloned sprites right?
Could we possibly just add another sprite?

I haven't done a ton of recon into the system, but it appears to use a literal circle graphic in the client code. That being said, there's no information about which brush (and related settings) to use included in the PR2 level code since it's been just the one since 2008. So, I'd not only have to make a whole new level saving format (m4 for anyone acquainted w/ the many PR2 level saving/loading formats there have been over the years), I'd have to include a notation for new brushes. Slightly modifying the existing code is fine (I would have to do this for custom item blocks), but creating a whole new system to check for brush types could prove to be problematic.

RE: Pixel Tool - Ranko Danko - 27th November 2020

(27th November 2020, 3:22 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I haven't done a ton of recon into the system, but it appears to use a literal circle graphic in the client code. That being said, there's no information about which brush (and related settings) to use included in the PR2 level code since it's been just the one since 2008. So, I'd not only have to make a whole new level saving format (m4 for anyone acquainted w/ the many PR2 level saving/loading formats there have been over the years), I'd have to include a notation for new brushes. Slightly modifying the existing code is fine (I would have to do this for custom item blocks), but creating a whole new system to check for brush types could prove to be problematic.
A block that you can set colour and you can noclip through

Pixel art tool - SamWhop8 - 25th March 2022

Hi everyone,

I'm super interested in making pixel art, but micro-scale art has always been a real pain in PR2. The size 1 tool isn't very well-behaved (it's predictable at least, just a bit hard to use for pixel art). It's because it's still treated like a circle that the game is trying to squish into a pixel, which causes unwanted transparency and thickness. Size 2 onwards doesn't have this problem.

What I would love is a separate tool that is a square pen of size 1, which strictly checks which pixel of art your cursor is over and only fills in that pixel. In the larger picture, a general square tool could be put under the circle tool. (as long as size 1 acts like suggested I'm happy!) Since this is a sort of niche request, having a button dedicated to a square tool instead of just adding a pixel-by-pixel tool seems like a more reasonable addition.

I know that PR2 art and blocks are a little wacky with transparency (hence the eye dropper suggestion someone else talked about recently) but I don't have a problem with that at all. That shouldn't be messed with anyway, imo

Thanks for reading,
-SW8

RE: Pixel art tool - Camer the Dragon - 25th March 2022

This'd be great yeah