Jiggmin's Village
hello from someone no one has talked to in a decade - Printable Version

+- Jiggmin's Village (https://jiggmin2.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Village Central (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Blogs (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: hello from someone no one has talked to in a decade (/showthread.php?tid=4329)

hello from someone no one has talked to in a decade - flybird - 1st June 2023

Hi all Smile 

I was thinking of JV and PR2 this morning and that resulted in me finding my way to here. I had remembered that some folks had started up a replacement after the original went down, but I had never taken the time to come over and say hello. Its been many many years since I've talked to most folks from JV that I used to hang out with - though there are a couple I'm still in touch with from time to time (shout out FFC and Slidin). I've lost touch with most folks.

I just wanted to say in the off chance any of my old friends happen to see this, thank you to everyone who allowed younger me to feel welcomed and accepted. That was something I didnt find often IRL, and I'm not sure I would've ever found without the folks I met here. So thank you. Smile 

If you want to chat at all, feel free to reach out! Not sure I'll really ever be active here, but I'll check back time-to-time and I'd be happy to exchange contact info with some folks. 

so ummm yea, thats about it.

RE: hello from someone no one has talked to in a decade - Northadox - 1st June 2023

Oh, hey Flybird. For some reason I remember you made (or were involved with) some Jiggmin offshoot forum and I'm like "I swore this existed at some point" yet my mind has utterly blanked about what it was called. This had to be like 2013-2015, maybe. Not Acid Forums it was something else.

RE: hello from someone no one has talked to in a decade - flybird - 1st June 2023

(1st June 2023, 2:37 PM)Northadox Wrote: Oh, hey Flybird. For some reason I remember you made (or were involved with) some Jiggmin offshoot forum and I'm like "I swore this existed at some point" yet my mind has utterly blanked about what it was called. This had to be like 2013-2015, maybe. Not Acid Forums it was something else.

Yes I was! There were two different ones I was directly involved with over the span of a couple of years, Creation Nation and Republic of Voices. I was also briefly on another one run by Slidin, tho I can exactly recall the name of what that was. 

Neither was ever particularly active, but it was a lot of fun at the time!

RE: hello from someone no one has talked to in a decade - Northadox - 1st June 2023

(1st June 2023, 3:27 PM)flybird Wrote: Yes I was! There were two different ones I was directly involved with over the span of a couple of years, Creation Nation and Republic of Voices. I was also briefly on another one run by Slidin, tho I can exactly recall the name of what that was. 

Neither was ever particularly active, but it was a lot of fun at the time!

Slidin, yeah that name sounds familiar. Just figured I mentioned it because I distinctly remember it. "Republic of Voices" sounds familiar, that seems to be the one.

RE: hello from someone no one has talked to in a decade - TRUC - 2nd June 2023

(1st June 2023, 5:10 PM)Northadox Wrote: Slidin, yeah that name sounds familiar. Just figured I mentioned it because I distinctly remember it. "Republic of Voices" sounds familiar, that seems to be the one.

Yep, it's the one where Ringstaart had a massive chunk of the overall post count lol

RE: hello from someone no one has talked to in a decade - Camer the Dragon - 3rd June 2023

(1st June 2023, 5:10 PM)Northadox Wrote: Slidin, yeah that name sounds familiar. Just figured I mentioned it because I distinctly remember it. "Republic of Voices" sounds familiar, that seems to be the one.

I know of 'Republic of Voices' only from when I was given the noob.txt text documents, one of them was called the Republic of Voices Version

RE: hello from someone no one has talked to in a decade - bls1999 - 13th June 2023

Always great to see a familiar name! Welcome back, @flybird!!