Platform Racing 3: Reborn
Fred Link to the game: http://pr3.goldtreeservers.net/

Hey guys! I know this is an entire sub forum dedicated to PR3R, but since it was empty, I decided to make a general thread where you can talk about general stuff that doesn't really warrant a new thread. I've also included some info below for any of you who might be out of the loop.

Backstory

After the success of PR2, Jiggmin mistakenly paired with Sparkworkz to make PR3. Jiggmin had done the art for PR1 and PR2, but an artist from Sparkworkz named Nicole Swimley did the art for PR3. Due to server lag and login issues, many people moved back to PR2 or just quit entirely. Jiggmin got married and lost interest in PR3 soon after. Sparkworkz shut down, but reached out to Jiggmin to offer full rights over his game, but since he was busy with real life, he didn't respond. About a year later, isokissa3 took the source code and revived the game under his own control. This brought many members and potential for the game to continue onwards. Later, GambitAnimating offered to help with updates and such to make the game better, and isokissa allowed it. After about 2 years of PR3R being up, isokissa was fed up with a certain subset of people, and gave me the mod role so I could help moderate the game. Since then, I've been promoted to admin, and two other mods have joined the team. Gambit, Iso, and I are all still working on some cool stuff, and we hope to see how PR3R can look like in the future.

Staff

Isokissa3: PR3R Founder, Developer, and Server/Database Hoster
GambitAnimating: PR3R Moderator and Developer
Cade642: PR3R Admin, Part Artist, and Developer
Tib: PR3R Moderator and Main Tournament Hoster
Dufl3y: PR3R Moderator
Dangevin: PR3R Campaign Manager
Suuper: PR3R Developer
lp9: Part Artist
CatnipOverdose: Part Artist
Box: Part Artist

What's New?

So, PR3R is actually adding new things! Here's all the new content and features:

- King of the Hat: New game mode where you have to hold a hat for a set amount of time to win.
- Bow: New charged weapon item that has 3 uses and lobs.
- Super Teleport: New item that allows you to teleport 3 blocks instead of 2, just like in PR2.
- Napalm: New item that sets you on fire for as long as shield. Touching other players hurts them.
- Police Hat: Adds 1 extra ammo to laser guns.
- Ushanka: Immunity to wind and ice.
- New sets: Cyborg, Dragon, Spider, Meteor, Donkey, Cheetah.
- New parts: Meme Head, PR3 Hoodie.

- Tournaments: Lobbies with room for infinite players and better prizes.
- New Rating System: Thumbs up and down, instead of a star system.
- Ability to kick and ban members from your lobby as the host.
- A ping counter.
- Ingame login system.
- More consistent water physics.

- Heart Block: Heals you in deathmatches just like in PR2.
- Reflector Blocks: Reflect bullets in a set direction.
- Weak Blocks: Slowly crumble as you stand on them.
- Glass Blocks: Weak on top, and reflector on sides.
- Code Blocks: Blocks that give you the ability to do a lot of different things, including changing damage values, referencing other blocks, checking for the players' hats, and setting variables.
- Checkpoint Blocks: Blocks that override safe blocks to make safety nets more interesting.
- Custom Stat Blocks: Change the amount of each stat that a block gives.
- Buttons and Reactor Blocks: Pressing Buttons shatters correlating Reactors.

- Editor Convenience Tools: Hold shift to place, delete, and move huge sections of a map. Copy and paste sections in the same way. Use shift to draw lines with the paint tool. Middle mouse click to select a block.
- Block Categories: Categorize your blocks to save yourself time.
- Ability to set the deathmatch starting health.
- Ability to set the vanish timer.

That's it! Stay tuned to this thread for PR3 news and events. There's also one on Acid, so check that one for things you might miss.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DecadeDecaf For This Useful Post:
  • DuFl3y, Lunanova, Northadox, ThePizzaEater1000
I know this may be off topic, but doesn't Jiggmin still hold the copyrights to Pr3?
(5th December 2017, 10:36 PM)David Wrote: didn't sparkworkz own the copyrights to PR3?

I think they "did" but I'm mainly referring to what Jiggmin's wife stated way back when Here
Jiggmin doesn't want the game on Kongregate, but since he seemed pleased that it was revived, I'd take that as indirect permission to keep it up on Gold Tree Servers.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to DecadeDecaf For This Useful Post:
  • ThePizzaEater1000
Recent PR3R updates from me and Gambit have added so much potential to the game. I updated the OP (plus added Dangevin and Suuper to staff), but here's a quick summary.

- Super Teleport: New item that allows you to teleport 3 blocks instead of 2, just like in PR2.
- Napalm: New item that sets you on fire for as long as shield. Touching other players hurts them.
- Police Hat: Adds 1 extra ammo to laser guns.
- Ushanka: Immunity to wind and ice.
- Code Blocks: Additional stuff was added to code blocks, including being able to reference other blocks, and check which hat the player is wearing.
- Buttons and Reactor Blocks: Pressing Buttons shatters correlating Reactors.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DecadeDecaf For This Useful Post:
  • DuFl3y, Jyintel
There are so many differences from back when I played PR3, its crazy. I'm loving it, keep it up Big Grin
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Jyintel For This Useful Post:
  • DecadeDecaf
Cant wait for the update on Christmas! Finally being able to decide how many coins drop from a block will be simply awesome.
i failed the mario twitter challenge
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • DecadeDecaf, DuFl3y

^ Winter update video.
  • DuFl3y, Jyintel
(17th December 2017, 10:10 AM)Cade642 Wrote:

^ Winter update video.

CHRISTMAS??

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(18th December 2017, 1:58 PM)waternoobe Wrote: It's cool but the half of the community.. ouch.

Agreed, haha
Yeah the community is not the best.
Update tomorrow! Here are the full notes:

- Toque: Hat. When a player directly touches you, they freeze in place and slowly regain their stats overtime.
- Fez: Hat. Almost instant rotations. Gain +5 to all stats every time you rotate. Only works once per rotation block.
- Freeze Ray: Item. One time use. Charges for a bit, and then shoots a long beam in the player's facing direction that incases everyone it hits in a block of ice for about 5 seconds. While frozen, they can't move but they slide a bit. Getting hit frees you from the ice.
- Snowball: Item. 3 uses. Really fast recharge speed. Does no damage, but makes whoever it hits fall down. They are slowed for a bit, and they come back up as fast as someone with nurse hat. Getting hit by a snowball with nurse acts like getting hit by a laser with crown.
- Ushanka buff: Immunity to snowballs too.
- Sword Set.
- Snowman Set.
- Custom Items: Change the properties of items. Only Laser Gun is available so far, but later updates will have more. The properties you can change are: ammo, reload speed, damage, recoil, and knockback.
- Ability to adjust how many coins a block gives for coin fiends.
- Music and SFX volume adjuster.
- Bug fix with the paint brush size.
- New default stamps for each item.
- Higher quality menu background and changed 'beta' to 'reborn'.
- Fall background available in level editor again.
- Alt dislike prevention.
- Redesigned Cyborg set. Touched up Spider set.
- Started using the changelog.
  • bls1999, DuFl3y
Just waiting for iso to get home because apparently he has a life.
The community is the best
(31st December 2017, 1:36 AM)Logan66677 Wrote: The community is the best

I have to say, the prize drama has lowered down quite a lot. Of course there are still some individuals who start making their own conspiracy theories everytime someone steals a prize from them.
This looks nice.
After about 2 years of PR3R being up, isokissa was fed up with a certain subset of people, and gave me the mod role so I could help moderate the game.

isokissa was fed up with a certain subset of people

certain subset of people

Kappa

Also, why am I not staff? I'm clearly PR3 Trap God
Corrupt staff. smh
should probably switch this to the pr3hub link, since the old goldtreeservers link doesn't redirect you anymore.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • tadtad
someone please tell jiggmin (or whoever wrote it, Iso claims it was jiggmin) that other people have made actually good line algorithms that are not this

[Image: mPTVBbB.png]

for context: PR3 draws single pixel width lines without anti-aliasing, so the AS3 graphics library doesn't get used, and thats where this came from.
The algorithm that probably should've been used is Bresenham's line algorithm which is faster than this and there's no weird artifacting that comes from it going up and right less than one pixel because that's what this does.

Also now we're stuck with this because changing it might screw up older levels.