Make Artifact Location Search Great Again
Lightbulb 
After a little discussion of it on JV2 Discord, we thought of a way to perhaps change the way the artifact location hunt works to make it more fun again, so we'll share this idea here.

Searching for arti levels is still fun, it just becomes pointless after the bubbles get won since you no longer get anything special for it, and since the hint gets fully revealed eventually as well and you've got no time limit, you can just "get it whenever" and the intense search stops.

We thought that the solution might be separating the bubble award to something else and changing the point of the artifact to something that the community in general would like. Perhaps restricting artis to only give exp, but the sooner you find it, the more exp you gain, so you still want to find it as fast as possible, but the finding process becomes a community effort instead of a 1st finder competition where "some people might have an unfair advantage".

I'd like to think the "usual first finders" don't actually want to ruin the fun for others (the bubbles are just so rare and appealing that it ends up this way), so if you could keep the first finder(s?) anonymous (perhaps until the full hint is revealed?), that way others can still keep searching while you secretly enjoy your early extra exp bonus.

This way we wouldn't need any unnecessarily complex level/user names or overly difficult levels, and keep it as a fun level hunting event that it was initially supposed to be.

As for what to do with the bubbles, I'm unsure right now, but I'm sure something can be figured out. And if anyone else has got any cool additional ideas for the new artifact hunt idea to make it even better, you can suggest it in this thread ^^
[Image: xmKCETn.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaza For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon
I like it the way it is tbh
I still never got a chance to find it ever since it came out because all of the alts
The measures to try to stop alts seemed good 8-9 months ago when we put them into place, but now that all the thieves have these alts lying around the problem is back. The bubbles are going to keep getting stolen by alts and be no fun, just annoying, as long as the current system is in place.
The bubbles being a reward for Arti is a staple though, and it'd be hard to imagine the Arti hunt without them so I do not know what we should do exactly in this situation.
á
I'd also find it weird to suddenly no longer have bubbles as the prize after it's been a staple for so long, but if bubbles constantly get stolen on alts, then the bubble prize just feels like a taunt, something that you can never really get unless you get super lucky or bribe the people that constantly find it first, which just feels bad. It feels like a claw machine that never seems to give you the prize, or maybe more like a carrot on a stick with someone else there to snatch it.

Speaking of that last part, I made a silly caricature, I hope you enjoy lmao

[Image: uPe9Wou.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaza For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon
(3rd December 2019, 6:26 AM)Vaza Wrote: I'd also find it weird to suddenly no longer have bubbles as the prize after it's been a staple for so long, but if bubbles constantly get stolen on alts, then the bubble prize just feels like a taunt, something that you can never really get unless you get super lucky or bribe the people that constantly find it first, which just feels bad. It feels like a claw machine that never seems to give you the prize, or maybe more like a carrot on a stick with someone else there to snatch it.

Speaking of that last part, I made a silly caricature, I hope you enjoy lmao

[Image: uPe9Wou.png]

This picture is perfect
á
I honestly feel like the simplest fix would just be to make it so that only 5 accounts using the same IP adress can get bubbles.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
I think just adding another stipulation would be better and easier. Something like a minimum of 11 hats required for the bubble set as they are easy enough to get but require a certain amount of dedication.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noah.Kiniy For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, John m.
(11th December 2019, 4:10 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: I honestly feel like the simplest fix would just be to make it so that only 5 accounts using the same IP adress can get bubbles.

People could use VPNs to bypass it :/

(11th December 2019, 5:43 PM)Noah.Kiniy Wrote: I think just adding another stipulation would be better and easier. Something like a minimum of 11 hats required for the bubble set as they are easy enough to get but require a certain amount of dedication.

I like this idea. And maybe at least increase how old your account has to be
(12th December 2019, 10:25 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: People could use VPNs to bypass it :/

The problem with the oldness of the acc is it's a temp solution
after an amount of time people'll have loads of alts ready
á
(11th December 2019, 5:43 PM)Noah.Kiniy Wrote: I think just adding another stipulation would be better and easier. Something like a minimum of 11 hats required for the bubble set as they are easy enough to get but require a certain amount of dedication.

(12th December 2019, 10:25 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: People could use VPNs to bypass it :/

(13th December 2019, 4:42 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: The problem with the oldness of the acc is it's a temp solution
after an amount of time people'll have loads of alts ready
Also it would hurt half the people who don't have it as most of them are around 3 months old. The times fine, changing that isn't as important as adding an additional task to complete.
It should have more conditions to check like if the account been using the same ip for 3 months
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • Noah.Kiniy
The IP stuff wouldn't work, people can bypass it with all sorts of programs
Adding more conditions just completely ruins it for any newcomers and casuals

The three ways to fix the bubbles would be:
a) Making bubbles more common in other places, making it less appetizing for "those people"
b) Removing the bubble prize from arti finding and setting them as an award for something else
c) Giving the bubbles to the level creator instead of the first finder
(For making a good level to place the arti on, so arti finding would be like a way of giving some lesser known levels well deserved attention)

I think B would be the best option here, all of which I explained in the first post.
Option C probably wouldn't work very well, for many reasons.
And option A would be the lazy man's solution.

And option D is to leave everything as is, which is... not optimal... Could work in theory, but we were late on stopping the people who figured out the easy solution to finding it first, so now we're here, with bubbles constantly being snatched away by the same people. Speaking of which, I also made a poem.

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
You wanted bubbles?
Well, too bad for you!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Vaza For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
I feel like we should replace the bubble set to another contest or something. Bubbles keep getting stolen by alts and it's not fair for new comers who want bubble set but can't obtain it because it's taken :/. I do agree with @Vaza.
I'm sick of this
I left the discord servers and won't come back unless it's fixed
á
Bls1999 and I will discuss potential options. It seems like enough is enough.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Vaza