PR2 v160 Dev Update
Me: Time for an update!
Everyone waiting for an update:

[Image: a5658e06633cc107be168fdfbad79a78.gif]

I've gotten a ton of things done for PR2 v160. May was a very productive month. I have a few more things I'd like to add over the next couple of weeks, but I'm right on schedule. That being said, I do want to do testing over a weekend to give the testers a chance to do as much in-depth testing as possible. Therefore, I feel confident in saying that the beta client will be released to testers on June 19. If this changes I'll let you know, but I think that the things I'm intent on adding can be added within the remaining timeframe.

If all goes according to plan, PR2 will shut down for approximately three days starting on June 19 at midnight EDT (GMT -4). Please make sure to save all of your work on levels and whatnot before then!

With regards to beta tester join requests: I'm planning on accepting people based on experience testing (including Jiggmin games on old JV), knowledgeability of game mechanics, trustworthiness (changes are fairly secret until released to the public), and reputation. I've seen a lot of great join requests so far! I'll probably start accepting people between June 5-10.

Last but not least, I'll post a sneak peek of a change coming in v160 on Friday. Smile

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
I think a few days before (when the date is certain) you should have a pop-up box when you log in (like the anniversary one) warning people of it going down for a few days, for the people who don't see this
á
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • edetarod, new bat pr2, Stxtics, xGuest
why are you updating me smh
[Image: VnNsnRk.gif]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thique For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, new bat pr2, Zelante
(1st June 2020, 2:37 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I think a few days before (when the date is certain) you should have a pop-up box when you log in (like the anniversary one) warning people of it going down for a few days, for the people who don't see this

Yeah, I'll definitely announce it some way beforehand. I was planning on sending out a PM... but maybe I'll send out a PM now-ish and have the pop-up announcement within 3 days of the shutdown.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Appah, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, edetarod, Eternal, Janelle, new bat pr2, xGuest, Zelante, ~JBG~
Sounds great! Good job and good luck for the next few features Smile don't feel too pressured
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Campaigns | Ilraon For This Useful Post:
  • new bat pr2
FINALLY!!

YAY!!

that is very Cool
[Image: ZkcHvsf.png]
I hope there is incentive to build cool levels coming in V160..!
-AspectZero
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to AspectZero For This Useful Post:
  • IHaveDaCowboyz
I have a question. What's gonna happen when the flash shuts down? Will this game too? It would be really sad if this game closes just cause of flash? And are you going to do something about it? Confused
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Kenway3211 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(19th June 2020, 7:04 AM)Kenway3211 Wrote: I have a question. What's gonna happen when the flash shuts down? Will this game too? It would be really sad if this game closes just cause of flash? And are you going to do something about it? Confused

No need to fear. Jiggmin is developing Platform Racing Forever, which we'll eventually migrate to play Platform Racing.... Forever.

I'd imagine bls1999 will host a Pr2 client on Jv2 after Dec 2020, for all of our Pr2 needs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Kenway3211
Big Grin 
(19th June 2020, 7:08 AM)Eternal Wrote: No need to fear. Jiggmin is developing Platform Racing Forever, which we'll eventually migrate to play Platform Racing.... Forever.

I'd imagine bls1999 will host a Pr2 client on Jv2 after Dec 2020, for all of our Pr2 needs.
Thank you so much! I am so relieved  Big Grin