Join a level directly from url
Here's the general idea:

When player 1 waits for a level to start, he can copy a url that, when clicked upon, does the following:
load PR2;
automatically login to player 1's server as guest or member if remember me button was clicked;
automatically join the level and wait for start.

That'd be practical to convince people to start playing PR2 even though they've never played it before.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Campaigns | Ilraon For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj
I actually thought about this when I was making the level popup... and specifically designed it in a way that this would be easy to implement in the future. Smile

I imagine the implementation would be:
- User loads PR2
- They log in manually (idk how I feel about logging people in automatically, esp. with how the login system currently works)
- As soon as they successfully log in, the level popup appears

I think that would be the least intrusive way to do it.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Dangevin, gemj
(26th June 2020, 5:36 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I actually thought about this when I was making the level popup... and specifically designed it in a way that this would be easy to implement in the future. Smile

I imagine the implementation would be:
- User loads PR2
- They log in manually (idk how I feel about logging people in automatically, esp. with how the login system currently works)
- As soon as they successfully log in, the level popup appears

I think that would be the least intrusive way to do it.

bls predicting our suggestions, I'm impressed Big Grin
I think logging in/creating an account is fairly straightforward in this game, so the way you see it sounds good.
Rob's suggestion sounds nice but I guess we gotta avoid the chat to be filled up with urls. Maybe they could be automatically processed and rendered as the name of the level underlined or something of the sort, so it takes less space and looks more human.