Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit
Allow me to take you back to the good ole' days of racing games. Who remembers playing this game back in the 90s, when you were a child? Even if you were born after the 90s, you probably bought this game at some point in the 2000s. For those of you who have never played this game before, it was a PS1 game that came out in 1998, developed by EA Canada and Microsoft Windows, published by Electronic Arts.

Even though it received a 7.6/10 rating from IMDb, it was still a great game to play. You were literally met with racing options that you don't see much of in todays' racing games, like 'mirror mode', 'reverse mode', changing the weather, etc. The tracks were decent, the music was solid, and the AI was challenging. You literally had the game narrator tell you about each of the 9 tracks from Beginner to Expert.

FYI: This isn't the thread that I've been working on; just thought I'd post this.

[Image: oCLsPw3.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • ExplosionZ
I have never played this one, but I have played Hot Pursuit 2 for the PlayStation 2 (different developer than Xbox and PC). Hot Pursuit 2 is probably my second favorite racing game (behind Burnout 3: Takedown, the greatest video game of all time). Honestly preferred it over the Underground series. The customization was not as good (was really just changing color), but the racing experience was much better.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Dangevin, Different, ExplosionZ
(31st May 2022, 7:10 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: I have never played this one, but I have played Hot Pursuit 2 for the PlayStation 2 (different developer than Xbox and PC). Hot Pursuit 2 is probably my second favorite racing game (behind Burnout 3: Takedown, the greatest video game of all time). Honestly preferred it over the Underground series. The customization was not as good (was really just changing color), but the racing experience was much better.

I think you should do yourself a favor and purchase the original Hot Pursuit from 1998. The second one that you mentioned, seems to carry over some features from the first one, but it doesn't have that classic feeling like the original. I've never played Burnout 3: Takedown, before 🤔 Maybe I should go and buy that game. I have, on the other hand, played the Underground series and Need for Speed most wanted on ps2. Those were the days.

I played the hell outta that game, during the mid 2000s.
(31st May 2022, 6:26 PM)Different Wrote: Even though it received a 7.6/10 rating from IMDb, it was still a great game to play.

I wouldn't use IMDb for game ratings, places like Metacritic are where you wanna go and Wikipedia also often lists the reception for games, here it's got quite high reception - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_S...ot_Pursuit

Anyway, I believe I have tried the original Hot Pursuit before but don't remember much. Need for Speed Carbon was the one I played the most and I haven't played a racing game as much as that one since. I'll pick up Hot Pursuit at some point as I'd like to try it again
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(1st June 2022, 9:13 PM)David Wrote: I wouldn't use IMDb for game ratings, places like Metacritic are where you wanna go and Wikipedia also often lists the reception for games, here it's got quite high reception - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_S...ot_Pursuit

Anyway, I believe I have tried the original Hot Pursuit before but don't remember much. Need for Speed Carbon was the one I played the most and I haven't played a racing game as much as that one since. I'll pick up Hot Pursuit at some point as I'd like to try it again

Now that you mention it, I think I'll stick to Metacritic from now on because IMDb doesn't really do a good job of rating games. I mean, 7.6/10... seriously?? Hell yeah, bro. Need for Speed III Hot pursuit was probably the best racing game in the 90s. Some people might argue against that, and that's find. But, once you revisit your childhood and play a game you've never played before, you'll really enjoy it.
Not sure which hot pursuit game I played, but we used to play it split-screen on the PS2 in the garage. Was a lot of fun having one of us be the cop and the other the racer.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(4th June 2022, 2:33 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Not sure which hot pursuit game I played, but we used to play it split-screen on the PS2 in the garage. Was a lot of fun having one of us be the cop and the other the racer.

Ahh yes, split-screen. The good ole days of PS2 and PS1, when you couldn't play anyone online. Try Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit. I think it's the best racing game of the 90s, and you won't be disappointed.
  • Lego-man945
@David @Uptight 534 @Lego-man945 I forgot to include this in the thread. Check it out, it's really good.

I used to play Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 a lot as a kid. Adding cops to a racing game makes things far more interesting Big Grin

Also, someone remade the intro in GTA 5, which I think is pretty cool.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Different, ExplosionZ, LCPD
I never got the chance to play the newest Hot Pursuit game, so I decided to try and get a copy.

I have a Windows 8 computer, so I can't play Hot Pursuit Remastered (2020) because that requires Windows 10.
So I checked the original Hot Pursuit (2010), but that only runs up to Windows 7. 

Windows 8 sucks.
There's also no PS2 version either, so I can't use my PS2 emulator.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
(30th July 2022, 9:05 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: I never got the chance to play the newest Hot Pursuit game, so I decided to try and get a copy.

I have a Windows 8 computer, so I can't play Hot Pursuit Remastered (2020) because that requires Windows 10.
So I checked the original Hot Pursuit (2010), but that only runs up to Windows 7. 

Windows 8 sucks.

Are you able to upgrade your Windows 8 computer to Windows 10 or 11, at least? Also, you may have to make adjustments and download the Epsxe emulator. You know, with the bios and everything.
(30th July 2022, 9:05 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: I never got the chance to play the newest Hot Pursuit game, so I decided to try and get a copy.

Windows 8 sucks.

2010 Hot Pursuit should work on Windows 8 fine, most programs and games made for Windows 7 should be compatible with 8/8.1/10/11 and you can try Windows 7 compatibility mode if need be
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
@Uptight 534 @Mia @David @Master Raiden @Lego-man945 A fan made this using Unreal Engine 5, and it is absolutely beautiful!

• Mia
[Image: 9987-34223.jpg]

I was more of a fan of the original NFS. Can't beat the classic.
[Insert something clever here]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to LCPD For This Useful Post:
  • Different