Fitness
(14th June 2020, 1:46 PM)David Wrote: My diet has been pretty healthy the past couple years except for not eating quite enough lately, I've gotten more strict and just need to take the time to learn some more recipes. When it comes to fitness I've been really slacking, although I was set back for a good while at the beginning of the year since I had a hernia repair surgery. I want to get back into the habit of running at least 3 times a week as well as doing a lot of calisthenics and then start making it harder by wearing a weight vest and slowly adding more weight over time. Aside from being really skinny I've still managed to look decent which I attribute to my diet, your diet is definitely the most important thing when it comes to health and how you look but fitness is still essential of course.

Depends what your goals are, if you simply want to lose weight then truth is you can eat whatever you want, what matters is how much you are consuming vs how much you are burning. I would recommend tracking what you eat, a kitchen scale would help out A LOT in this regard. Once you've figured out how many calories you're typically eating, you simply cut back on that (I'd recommend cutting at least 500 calories, but it all depends). Or you could use a weight goal calculator.

If you're just wanting to eat healthier foods (or maybe doing both, this can apply to the other as well) than the first thing I'd recommend is getting rid of all junk food from the home so there's no temptation. After that, when you go grocery shopping, make sure to go on a full stomach otherwise you'll be tempted to buy junk because you'll be hungry and will want a lot of different things. Another important and very helpful thing to do is meal prep. If you're hungry and don't have a meal ready to go you're a lot more likely to go and get something that's quick but unhealthy. Some people are willing to prepare each and every one of their meals fresh, but a lot of people aren't especially those who are just getting into a new diet and aren't as quick (it simply takes up a lot of time).

Some bonus tips:

- Eat food that is high in volume but low in calories
- Drink a lot of water before a meal
- Get away from drinks with calories, even fruit juices and energy drinks are unhealthy due to being filled with sugar also meaning lots of calories

*Buys healthy-ish versions of junk food*
[Image: LLwQFov.png]

Messages In This Thread
Fitness - by OldMarx - 13th June 2020, 11:38 PM
RE: Fitness - by gemj - 14th June 2020, 6:12 AM
RE: Fitness - by Janelle - 14th June 2020, 6:53 AM
RE: Fitness - by David - 14th June 2020, 1:46 PM
RE: Fitness - by Lego-man945 - 14th June 2020, 2:08 PM
RE: Fitness - by Uptight 534 - 14th June 2020, 3:27 PM
RE: Fitness - by Lunanova - 14th June 2020, 4:08 PM
RE: Fitness - by Janelle - 14th June 2020, 4:13 PM
RE: Fitness - by Stxtics - 15th June 2020, 9:43 AM