[Forum] Double ping/mention
This has happened to me a few times and can be annoying but basically when someone mentions you in a message then edits that message (keeping the mention in it) it will cause another alert to be given. This usually only happens twice due to one edit but for example if I mentioned someone in the 50+ List thread they would probably get an alert every time I made changes to it.

[Image: cyVjTik.png] 

Both of these alerts direct me to the same post.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Hmmm... this is interesting. I'm about 99% sure this is over my head but I can *try* to fix it.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
is there maybe some way of checking for mentions in a message then not sending the alert to the user again after an edit?
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
(23rd September 2018, 3:20 PM)Stxtics Wrote: is there maybe some way of checking for mentions in a message then not sending the alert to the user again after an edit?

It would probably require a database column be added. I don't really want to mess with that.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
umm i was kinda thinking about doing it in a different way but idk how the site works. Just before the edit is saved it will check if the old message had a mention in it and the new one does then if so don't send an alert to that user about the mention.
(25th September 2018, 1:39 AM)bls1999 Wrote: It would probably require a database column be added. I don't really want to mess with that.

maybe this is something that could be fixed at a later date? I mean, personally, I don't pay attention to my alerts (I currently have 613) and it's really just a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things