[PR2 Bug] Infinte direction bug
This might have been posted before, but this bug happens in editor mode. When I typed something in the Textbox while holding any arrow keys, then clicking elsewhere while still holding the arrow keys, the screen will then move infinitely to that direction. 

The bug will persist outside of editor mode and even affect gameplays where my character would only move in that direction. Logging out and logging in will not fix the issue. Only by refreshing the page does the bug gets fixed.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Battlealvin2009 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
All you have to do is press the button that is causing the issue to fix it (e.g. right arrow key). Also I believe this issue is to do with flash player and not pr2.

Actually nevermind I thought this issue also occurred in races. However I still don't think it can be fixed without the source code. (fixing it can be done in the way i said though which is pressing the key that is causing the issue)
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, ZXD
oh yeah I remember this happening to me a ton of times
I think it stopped after a while and as long as you aren't in 25% zoom, it won't be that catastrophic
This is a client-side fix, which means it can't be done since the source code cannot be changed. :/

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
An easy solution though, is to click the address bar, click onto the game again and press the same key that was pressed right before it froze on input. Usually works for me Tongue
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zelante For This Useful Post:
  • Battlealvin2009, bls1999
This can be fixed now Smile
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
Does pressing the key in the direction which you're moving fix it?
á
(24th February 2019, 4:27 PM)Camer999 Wrote: Does pressing the key in the direction which you're moving fix it?

Yeah, I think so. This was a while ago so I can't remember exactly but Bls said if the client could be edited it could be fixed so I bumped it.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(24th February 2019, 4:28 PM)Stxtics Wrote: Yeah, I think so. This was a while ago so I can't remember exactly but Bls said if the client could be edited it could be fixed so I bumped it.

Yeah it happened to me a few days ago with the down key and that's what I did to fix it
it was during a race though
á
So the way the client handles key presses is some disco method different from the stock AS3 event listeners. I'm gonna have to look into how to make it figure out when the client loses focus since it's a little bit more complicated than:

Code:
discoKeyThing.addEventListener(FocusEvent.FOCUS_OUT, doTheThing);

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Stxtics
Code:
If player goes offscreen:
go to X,Y,Z

Not sure how this works tbh
maybe add another sprite or something
[Image: LLwQFov.png]