Post Video Game Music
Isn't necessarily VGM, it's more of an original song, but I thought of putting this here because this song was used in a Clone Hero/Guitar Hero chart
Platform Racing:
--Battle Royale--
and also
Platform Racing 2.2
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • LuniFoxo
(16th October 2020, 6:07 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: (insert SAR theme vid)

I knew you'd post this here...
Platform Racing:
--Battle Royale--
and also
Platform Racing 2.2
(16th October 2020, 10:47 AM)JIyHu Wrote: I knew you'd post this here...

lol Wink
There are also some other cool SAR songs altho some are in the game, some aren't:
(2 vids, spoilered so it doesn't spam up the page)
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to DivineZerinus For This Useful Post:
  • Lambdadelta
(30th December 2020, 9:12 PM)Mystery Wrote:

I remember playing this game 13 years ago cos once I was eating a watermelon when playing it vs an AI and I really hated the watermelon it was gross and so I then never ate watermelons again
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Bluelightning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hrqqld2Aew
[video=Youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4CNnNU8VYgo[/video]
Very niché choice, but I really like this simple track from Pony Island.

Returnal is one of my favorite games to play at the moment. A real high note (lol) of the game was the
 boss fight and the entire level pretty much. The music in the entire level is based around a specific melody based on a song that the main character would play on the piano. There's more to it than that, but the music plays a critical role in progressing the story forward. As you get closer to the boss fight the music becomes more intense; the synths get more distorted, the main melody raises in volume, there's less ambience and more intense swelling instruments that support the melody.

That's when you finally get to the boss fight.
 The song picks up, becoming more intense than previously throughout the level. A beat becomes introduced during the boss fight. When you finish a phase of the boss fight,
which messes the song up by adding in dissonance and (potentially) ruining the tempo of the song, like a piano player who makes a fatal mistake on a piece they're practicing. When you finally beat the boss, the music becomes more subtle, adding in more ambient sounds.

The segments of the music added together make up a fantastic, evolving, and impactful overall theme of the boss and level. You'd get more out of the music if you played the game obviously, but if you want to listen to what I'm talking about, the link to it is below:

Dangevin
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to DivineZerinus For This Useful Post:
  • Lambdadelta
Affirmative!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuMeg_dldaE
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Kwing For This Useful Post:
  • Lambdadelta

Good for a boss fight!

that feel when a musician for a mod for a game where a naked baby cries on poop produces my favorite album of all time
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]