Huge Announcement
An announcement like this is only announced properly live! Join me at [around] 4pm EST.

Come see it live on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/blsvlogs

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • camodude10, Colind, gemj, Legend, Northadox, Zelante
For those who don’t want to wade through five minutes of bls managing his stream and choosing Undertale music, here’s what the gist is, or so what I’ve heard:
  • Bls has figured out to “decrypt” the code of the PR2 client
  • Code wasn’t actually encrypted, more so jumbled and illegible and only now still somewhat jumbled yet legible
  • Knowing how to engineer the PR2 client might hopefully result in actual new content updates
  • Bls will attempt to un-jumble the code so it is more understandable (might take months to do so)
  • Bls will ask permission from Jiggmin for these possible updates first
  • If Jiggmin releases and moves onto PRF, Bls will “take over” the PR2 client
Feel free to correct me or elaborate upon anything. This is just what I got from it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, camodude10, Dangevin, Emeiry, gemj, Zelante
(25th November 2018, 7:36 PM)Northadox Wrote: For those who don’t want to wade through five minutes of bls managing his stream and choosing Undertale music, here’s what the gist is, or so what I’ve heard:
  • Bls has figured out to “decrypt” the code of the PR2 client
  • Code wasn’t actually encrypted, more so jumbled and illegible and only now still somewhat jumbled yet legible
  • Knowing how to engineer the PR2 client might hopefully result in actual new content updates
  • Bls will attempt to un-jumble the code so it is more understandable (might take months to do so)
  • Bls will ask permission from Jiggmin for these possible updates first
  • If Jiggmin releases and moves onto PRF, Bls will “take over” the PR2 client
Feel free to correct me or elaborate upon anything. This is just what I got from it.

Pretty spot on. Only a couple of changes:
- The code was indeed encrypted; I had to break the encryption and then find a way to successfully decompile everything.
- The code is now in the format in which it was originally written (for the most part), except some of the names of things (i.e. classes, variables, etc) have been lost somewhere in the encryption/decryption/decompilation process. I'm going to attempt to reverse engineer everything to figure out what it's supposed to do in order to [hopefully] rename the variables to something more readable.
- Who doesn't like Undertale music 😂 honestly it was just for the memes because why not. Tongue

I was pretty tired during the stream so I may not have elaborated on those two points very well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • bart172, camodude10, Drflash55, Emeiry, gemj, Northadox, Zelante
Woah.

It's been over a decade, and we can finally continue the legacy of Platform Racing 2!?

God, do I feel old...
[Image: unknown.png]

It finally happened.
You will need to remake it in HTML5 if you can, unless Flash becomes maintained by the open source community after 2020.
- Hunter