Bring back stat parts.
The title says it all. Certain parts used to give you some extra stat points. Example: the full stick set used to give +10 speed.

I think that some parts should still give up to +5 accel, speed, or jump, like the santa hat currently does.
-AspectZero
What good would that do?
Why not introduce capes, as a new item that would enchance stats.
[Image: 213.jpg]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Acno For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, MoonFiredk, xGuest
Good idea acno!
Folding @ Home
[Image: sigimage.php?un=MoonFiredk&t=143016]
Currently the Santa hat gives you +10 speed until you use a speedboost then it loses it's effect.

Fun Fact | If you are in a race with four players and each of them have a santa hat. and you have 100 speed and collect their hats you can get 140 speed.

There is a cool glitch where if someone lazer gun spams you and you keep putting on these hats you can achieve max speed (which is pretty much using a speedboost with 100 speed but all the time)
I did not know :O
Folding @ Home
[Image: sigimage.php?un=MoonFiredk&t=143016]
(7th January 2019, 8:36 PM)David Wrote: Ah now that I think of it I did know the santa hat made you a little faster but I thought it was because it turned blocks to ice, does that mean if you just run normally on ice you won't have +10 speed?

The santa hat has two effects, 
1) Turns the block that you're standing on into ice
2) gives you +10 speed

for every santa hat you collect in a match you get an additional +10 speed

If you started a race with 86 40 45 on your account and if you wear santa, when you are in the level you will have 96 40 45

one santa hat +10 speed
two santa hats +20 speed
three santa hats +30 speed
four santa hats +40 speed

If you use a speed burst while wearing a santa hat you go super fast, but once your speed boost runs out you will not get the +10 speed the santa hat gives you.

The ice blocks have nothing to do with your overall speed besides lowering your acceleration if you are running on them.
(7th January 2019, 8:45 AM)Atari4600 Wrote: Currently the Santa hat gives you +10 speed until you use a speedboost then it loses it's effect.

Fun Fact | If you are in a race with four players and each of them have a santa hat. and you have 100 speed and collect their hats you can get 140 speed.

There is a cool glitch where if someone lazer gun spams you and you keep putting on these hats you can achieve max speed (which is pretty much using a speedboost with 100 speed but all the time)

Yeah, I remember me, fran10 and someone else found this glitch while messing around.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I don't think parts ever affected gameplay… I could be wrong, but I don't think that was the case.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
I could see this being used to cheat on speedruns... :/
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj
(10th January 2019, 3:51 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: I could see this being used to cheat on speedruns... :/

How could it be cheating when every one can use it?
-AspectZero
(10th January 2019, 6:28 PM)AspectZero Wrote: How could it be cheating when every one can use it?

Not everyone can use it ;)
(not everyone has it)
But I can see it easily overlooked in judging if someone has the required stats but is wearing stick body or a stat body...
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
I think any kind of additional boon to your racer should only be handled with hats, as it stands now. Parts should be strictly cosmetic. If one part set was distinctly better than any other, you'd be seeing an ocean of Stick or Classic parts, or whatever parts have the best boosts. It'd defeat the purpose of customization in the game, knowing that picking something style will be always inferior in gameplay.
If there was some non-cosmetic minor ability that you could get that were separate from parts/hats/stats (or maybe something like Acno's cape idea which could be rad), it could be cool as long as it was balanced and all players had access to them in-game. Hats already exist though and they serve that function well enough.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj, xGuest
yeah I don't think we need to make parts anything but cosmetic and there's definitely some sort of undertone not many people like in regards to speedruns, so I vote nay.
begin to visualize a cape so alluringly dancing to the tides of light air pushing against its fabric as you run forth and leave behind your enemies to their shame, all while your cape leaves a trail of rainbow behind you and shiny stars and some flowers growing out the ground where you walked so all the plebs can tell you are the almighty and the only true wonder of pr2 to gaze upon.
But a cape leaving a trace of darkness is ok with me too, gloom is my home after all.
[Image: 213.jpg]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Acno For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
cape is actually a pretty good idea ngl
[Image: boomboomforalltid.gif?width=400&height=119]