Widescreen mode / Adding support for different aspect ratios
Lightbulb 
Having a widescreen mode would be a nice addition.
So that you can get a wider view of the level that you are playing.
And so that the game fills up your screen properly when you are playing in full screen.
Since most monitors are widescreen it makes a lot of sense.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to elitex778 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
how do you get fullscreen mode without downloading pr2?
(18th January 2019, 4:34 PM)platform guy Wrote: how do you get fullscreen mode without downloading pr2?

Kongregate has a full screen/cinema version at the top of the game
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
this would be nice, +1 if poss
I have a feeling this would be too ambitious since it would require making a completely new client made specifically for widescreen monitors. On top of that, I'd have to then go and adjust every visual element based on x/y coordinates (there are a lot of those).

A compromise: I can look into how to implement a button for PR2 Hub and JV that will make the game appear in full screen (similar to Kongregate's cinema mode).

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, elitex778, gemj, Lego-man945, Nemo Nation, Northadox, xGuest
(18th January 2019, 4:11 PM)elitex778 Wrote: Having a widescreen mode would be a nice addition.
So that you can get a wider view of the level that you are playing.
And so that the game fills up your screen properly when you are playing in full screen.
Since most monitors are widescreen it makes a lot of sense.

For PR4 maybe?
[Image: boomboomforalltid.gif?width=400&height=119]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xGuest For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, elitex778, gemj
(19th January 2019, 3:04 PM)bls1999 Wrote: A compromise: I can look into how to implement a button for PR2 Hub and JV that will make the game appear in full screen (similar to Kongregate's cinema mode).

That'd be nice
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(19th January 2019, 3:04 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I have a feeling this would be too ambitious since it would require making a completely new client made specifically for widescreen monitors. On top of that, I'd have to then go and adjust every visual element based on x/y coordinates (there are a lot of those).

A compromise: I can look into how to implement a button for PR2 Hub and JV that will make the game appear in full screen (similar to Kongregate's cinema mode).

Sorry to dead-bump, but any update on a fullscreen mode?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Fresh Cookies For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
I just use a touch screen laptop and manually zoom in on the pr2 box to fix the entire screen of my laptop and it’s nice
(19th January 2019, 3:04 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I have a feeling this would be too ambitious since it would require making a completely new client made specifically for widescreen monitors. On top of that, I'd have to then go and adjust every visual element based on x/y coordinates (there are a lot of those).

Unacceptable. 

I want 120fps with G Sync and support for Ray Tracing. 

😂😂🤔
[Image: ee8ab6dbac0a539f2f76a703124bda0f.jpg]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LCPD For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Fresh Cookies, Northadox
(29th April 2020, 8:34 PM)Fresh Cookies Wrote: Sorry to dead-bump, but any update on a fullscreen mode?

Thanks for bumping-- forgot about this. I can take a look at some point. I wish I could give you a more definitive answer as to if/when it'll happen but I just don't know at this point.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Fresh Cookies, Northadox
Convenient that this thread comes up again. Just yesterday I was trying to play the game in fullscreen with the .swf on JV2 but Chrome doesn't like playing them any more. Even that Supernova plug-in couldn't help me out.
So, yeah, pls fullscreen
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
Because the JV2 PR2 is tiny and I don't want to zoom in I just inspect element and resize PR2.

But yeah a full screen sort of thing would be nice.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]