PR2 Part Design
If you're an artist that would like to submit part(s) to be added to PR2, I'll be more likely to consider your idea if it is accompanied with graphics in an easily addable format. What's that format? This video has you covered:

* One small correction: the colorMC2 layer doesn't appear at all if the epic upgrade isn't active. Be sure to design your parts for both the epic and regular versions.

Note: Please post submissions in a separate thread.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me and I'll try to help. I believe using any vector graphics format will preserve the layers well enough for me to import, but the best format you can give me is an FLA document with those layers.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Acno, Camer the Dragon, Dangevin, Different, gemj, Janelle, Northadox, Shane1334, Zelante, ZRD
do we submit art freely or is there some sorta contest that's gonna be set up?
(19th January 2019, 9:59 AM)gemj Wrote: do we submit art freely or is there some sorta contest that's gonna be set up?

I already posted on a thread in aam asking about hosting something like this, I'm awaiting answers to some question I had about it and all being well I should be able to draw up a rule set for something like this.
Arrow
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Appah For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, new bat pr2
what software do i use to create the layers, i already have the set made, i just got to add the color stuff and outline in another program
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, new bat pr2
How neat  Wink
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • new bat pr2
omwg pls someone make a cape plss ._.
[Image: 213.jpg]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Acno For This Useful Post:
  • new bat pr2
i can do a cape do you guys take .svg?
(19th January 2019, 9:59 AM)gemj Wrote: do we submit art freely or is there some sorta contest that's gonna be set up?

For now, feel free to post threads with your part ideas/art. I may consolidate at some point to one megathread, with the "thank the ones you like" method of determining popularity.

(19th January 2019, 1:50 PM)platform guy Wrote: i can do a cape do you guys take .svg?

.svg is probably the best format next to .fla. Illustrator also works. Anything that supports vector graphics.

I imagine a cape would be better suited as an item, though.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, new bat pr2
Any tips on brush settings that would capture a PR2-esque style? How would animated parts work? I'm completely new to Adobe Animate and vector graphics in general.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(20th January 2019, 10:49 PM)Northadox Wrote: Any tips on brush settings that would capture a PR2-esque style? How would animated parts work? I'm completely new to Adobe Animate and vector graphics in general.

Admittedly, I'm not much of an artist; @Zelante would probably have a better answer to that question.

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
1.Can you provide us a template so that we can get the size and shape right?

2.How long does it take from submitting to implementing the part
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
*cough* only wolf sets will be accepted by me and only me *cough*
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
I would love a grey/white on belly wolf set that has tiny legs and arms, but has big head with winking eye shooting a star and a grin on it face. /dream on
[Image: 213.jpg]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Acno For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3
(21st January 2019, 1:06 PM)Bluelightning Wrote: 1.Can you provide us a template so that we can get the size and shape right?

2.How long does it take from submitting to implementing the part

1. Use the classic set as a guide; that's what Jiggmin does with all the parts.
2. Depends on a lot of things -- my schedule, Jiggmin's schedule, what the community thinks, any modifications that need to be done, etc.

(20th January 2019, 10:49 PM)Northadox Wrote: Any tips on brush settings that would capture a PR2-esque style? How would animated parts work? I'm completely new to Adobe Animate and vector graphics in general.

I don't normally follow a fixed size, and it mostly depends on whether I'm drawing on my laptop or my mobile phone.

However, I do use this as a guide to help me figure out the right "outline to part" ratio.

Also, note that a few parts may have outlines that vary in thickness (e.g. Top Hat and Galaxy Body), though they're unnoticeable from a distance.

Edit: I recall someone on JV1 mentioning that it was 2px or 2mm (Maybe that was for PR2's Level Editor, at 100% zoom), or at least something along those lines, though I can't remember exactly what it said.
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Zelante For This Useful Post:
  • gemj

Proof of concept Smile
Maybe a better artist can touch it up...
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Zelante, zFury
(21st January 2019, 11:12 PM)Zelante Wrote: I don't normally follow a fixed size, and it mostly depends on whether I'm drawing on my laptop or my mobile phone.

However, I do use this as a guide to help me figure out the right "outline to part" ratio.

Also, note that a few parts may have outlines that vary in thickness (e.g. Top Hat and Galaxy Body), though they're unnoticeable from a distance.

Edit: I recall someone on JV1 mentioning that it was 2px or 2mm (Maybe that was for PR2's Level Editor, at 100% zoom), or at least something along those lines, though I can't remember exactly what it said.

I was tinkering with Animate and managed to get something that may resemble PR2's artstyle. Perhaps the outlines are a tad bit too thick, but I think it may be sufficient.
[Image: Flm0QPX.png]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • CyberRodrigo, gemj, Shane1334, Zelante
(22nd January 2019, 12:22 AM)Northadox Wrote: I was tinkering with Animate and managed to get something that may resemble PR2's artstyle. Perhaps the outlines are a tad bit too thick, but I think it may be sufficient.

-snip-

Hey, that's not bad at all!

Yeah, the outlines just need to be a bit lighter thinner, maybe somewhere by a third or a quarter.
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
(22nd January 2019, 12:03 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Proof of concept Smile
Maybe a better artist can touch it up...

its nice kinda think the chest looks alot like reeindeer chest tho
[Image: bDtsByP.png]
(22nd January 2019, 2:03 PM)zFury Wrote: its nice kinda think the chest looks alot like reeindeer chest tho

How did you get that design for your pr2 thing under your text?
Folding @ Home
[Image: sigimage.php?un=MoonFiredk&t=143016]