[PR2 Bug] While testing a level, if you hit a rotate block and reset, it messes up
As the title says.

While testing in the level editor, if you hit a rotate block and you reset just after, it doesn't reset position and rotation, but instead teleports you off map (I'd say at the top left corner, but I'm not sure - however, it teleports you far from the center)
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bart172 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
I wonder if pr2 rotation works like it does in 3D CAD where it takes a set of coordinates (in a matrix) and translates it to the origin, rotates the coordinates about the origin, then translates it back   Confused
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
I don't think the game can handle the sudden changes when performed quickly
This isn't fixed xd
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • bart172
(6th February 2019, 11:15 AM)Ashley766 Wrote: This is fixed!! Smile

It's not, it just doesn't happen all the time.

[Image: IrhSSG1.gif]
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
I have absolutely no idea what causes this. I'll have to have an in-depth look into it at a later time.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
In my testing, it seems to only happen if you've hit "Restart" at least once. Is this true?
Edit: Alright bls let's read the thread title next time :/

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
I'm going to go ahead and say it's probably best not to try and fix this.
-AspectZero
Upon further testing, it appears this bug was present in v151. I'll look into how to fix this, but I'm not sure I'll be able to figure it out.

(13th February 2019, 4:57 PM)AspectZero Wrote: I'm going to go ahead and say it's probably best not to try and fix this.

?

(13th February 2019, 5:22 PM)bls1999 Wrote: ?

99 discovered bugs in the code
99 discovered bugs
Take one down
Patch it around
121 discovered bugs in the code
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skallos For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Atari4600, bls1999, gemj, TRUC
(13th February 2019, 5:22 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Upon further testing, it appears this bug was present in v151. I'll look into how to fix this, but I'm not sure I'll be able to figure it out.

?

This bug has been around for almost the life time of pr2, fixing it could potentially break something else considering how this bug happens.
-AspectZero
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AspectZero For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj
bump

I guess this is gonna stay?
(29th March 2020, 9:38 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: bump

I guess this is gonna stay?

I'd have to see if an AS3 error is thrown when it occurs in LE, which would require me to reproduce the error in my testing environment. If anyone can pin down a concrete method to reproduce, LMK.

Once I know, I can determine if fixing this would mess anything else up, and make a decision as to whether or not to fix using that information.

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(13th February 2019, 4:52 PM)bls1999 Wrote: In my testing, it seems to only happen if you've hit "Restart" at least once. Is this true?

(29th March 2020, 9:44 PM)bls1999 Wrote: If anyone can pin down a concrete method to reproduce, LMK.

I can reproduce this error. The way to reproduce it is when you initially test the level without restarting it works, but when you restart 3 times in a row, it messes up and on the fourth one, it works. So, it's like every 4th time, it works, but in between the 3, it breaks. (So it works on 4, 8, 12, etc..)

Video: 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Camer the Dragon
Fixed in v164!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bart172, xGuest