EXP bonus instead of part contest prizes
I think a lot of contests would enjoy a larger size of participants if they were to reward EXP instead of parts.
This is because once people have won the contest, there's not much impetus to winning the contest again. Sometimes, contests prohibit people from winning again. I think installing a hefty EXP prize would bring a lot more people into these contests, as it'll help them in their goal of getting up numbers on a decade-old flash game.
I'm thinking within the range of something like 50,000 for some of the smaller contests and 250,000 for some of the larger ones, though the values can certainly be adjusted, per admin jurisdiction. It has to be a big enough EXP bonus to attract those who are grinding ranks.
For contests who require multiple wins to get prizes, perhaps reward higher and higher amounts of EXP, with the highest prize granting a huge jackpot.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, Crystalina, Eternal, Rank, xGuest
IT WAS TIME FOR SOMEONE TO SAY THIS

PD: there should be bigger capitals xd
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morning666star For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox, xGuest
Can't wait to earn 250k exp for my elite painting skills.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to __ For This Useful Post:
  • Stxtics
(10th February 2019, 6:49 PM)__ Wrote: Can't wait to earn 250k exp for my elite painting skills.

Not every contest would have a EXP bonus. PotW isn’t a good contest, so if it is to have any sort of prize, it should be purely cosmetic.
(10th February 2019, 7:20 PM)Northadox Wrote: Not every contest would have a EXP bonus. PotW isn’t a good contest, so if it is to have any sort of prize, it should be purely cosmetic.

Big oof, shade thrown, shots fired

2023 EDIT (no bump!): added in #628.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox