Choose which songs play
Music 
This would be a blacklist of songs that you could choose to not be the song that instantly plays as you start the course. (Maybe with the option to still switch to it during the race, or not). If the song supposed to play is blacklisted or all songs are blacklisted, the music would just default to "none".

I hear Under Fire gets YT Copyrighted a lot so e.g. you could blacklist that one and not have it come up.
á
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj, Mia, Northadox
I like this idea a lot, especially the part about not getting copyright claims. My only question is how would the client handle levels that have selected a blacklisted song to be played?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
(19th February 2019, 7:59 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I like this idea a lot, especially the part about not getting copyright claims. My only question is how would the client handle levels that have selected a blacklisted song to be played?

If you mean for levels with "random" as the song, why not have the rng take it into account before picking?

e.g. if you have 3 of the 14 songs blacklisted, it picks a random number from 1-11 instead
and (somehow Tongue) allocates each number to a certain not blacklisted song
á
(20th February 2019, 1:26 AM)Camer999 Wrote: If you mean for levels with "random" as the song, why not have the rng take it into account before picking?

e.g. if you have 3 of the 14 songs blacklisted, it picks a random number from 1-11 instead

this is clever!
(20th February 2019, 1:26 AM)Camer999 Wrote: If you mean for levels with "random" as the song, why not have the rng take it into account before picking?

No, I mean the exact opposite. If a song has been set on the level that is also blacklisted, how would the game handle it?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
(20th February 2019, 9:26 AM)bls1999 Wrote: No, I mean the exact opposite. If a song has been set on the level that is also blacklisted, how would the game handle it?

(19th February 2019, 2:23 PM)Camer999 Wrote: This would be a blacklist of songs that you could choose to not be the song that instantly plays as you start the course. (Maybe with the option to still switch to it during the race, or not). If the song supposed to play is blacklisted or all songs are blacklisted, the music would just default to "none".

I hear Under Fire gets YT Copyrighted a lot so e.g. you could blacklist that one and not have it come up.
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj
Please yes. Switchblade is the worst thing ever.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(20th February 2019, 9:42 AM)Camer999 Wrote: h

Ah. Might help me to actually read the thread...

(20th February 2019, 8:43 PM)Mystery Wrote: Please yes. Switchblade is the worst thing ever.

Yeah always never liked that one
it seems so out of place compared to the others (lyrics)

(Not gonna lie that's basically the reason I made this, also saw that under fire got striked a lot so thought that'd help the support for this idea ;P)
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
I like Switchblade
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shane1334 For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj, Northadox
(21st February 2019, 10:17 PM)Shane1334 Wrote: I like Switchblade

lyrics are pretty outta place tho
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(24th February 2019, 7:31 AM)gemj Wrote: lyrics are pretty outta place tho

It's too late now respectable woman, you've gotta go!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj
(24th February 2019, 12:57 PM)bls1999 Wrote: It's too late now respectable woman, you've gotta go!

When that song came on and I was 9 I didn't have headphones with the laptop and didn't want my parents hearing that in the song lol, so I'd have to change over the song every time

very annoying Tongue

---

Edit: Also wondered why turning on "filter swearing" didn't turn off that song
á
(24th February 2019, 1:32 PM)Camer999 Wrote: When that song came on and I was 9 I didn't have headphones with the laptop and didn't want my parents hearing that in the song lol, so I'd have to change over the song every time

very annoying Tongue

---

Edit: Also wondered why turning on "filter swearing" didn't turn off that song

I actually never noticed it until someone on JV pointed it out. Innocence is bliss, I suppose.

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Just gonna bump this
á
Added in v159! Better late than never, I suppose. Smile

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon