Poll: Should there be an account age requirement to find the artifact first?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The result of this poll remains hidden until the poll closes.

POLL: Artifact -- Account Age Requirement
See here for the previous thread.

There have been quite a few complaints recently about artifacts being found almost immediately. The staff team and I have discussed several methods of combating this, and we've decided to float this question to the community:

Should there be an account age requirement to find the artifact first? For instance, someone must have registered more than X number of months ago to be able to obtain bubbles from the artifact.

(21st February 2019, 1:54 AM)bls1999 Wrote: To clarify, we'd use a rank requirement of 30 and account age in conjunction with one another.

If not this, there will need to be some other sort of change to the way it is done. We're open to suggestions.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
I feel rank would be a better barrier than account age. if someone remembers the pass to twenty of their alts from 2012 then they could just use those to get the next twenty artis while with rank barriers it's a more sound protection because work actually has to be put in to level up new accounts to be arti eligible
(21st February 2019, 1:47 AM)bls1999 Wrote: See here for the previous thread.

There have been quite a few complaints recently about artifacts being found almost immediately. The staff team and I have discussed several methods of combating this, and we've decided to float this question to the community:

Should there be an account age requirement to find the artifact first? For instance, someone must have registered more than X number of months ago to be able to obtain bubbles from the artifact.

If not this, there will need to be some other sort of change to the way it is done. We're open to suggestions.
Excellent idea, good sir!
(21st February 2019, 1:51 AM)gemj Wrote: I feel rank would be a better barrier than account age. if someone remembers the pass to twenty of their alts from 2012 then they could just use those to get the next twenty artis while with rank barriers it's a more sound protection because work actually has to be put in to level up new accounts to be arti eligible

To clarify, we'd use them in conjunction with one another. So rank requirement and account age.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Orthrus, Zelante
Yeah
you can get an acc to rank 30 in not so long a time so using rank and age is a good idea
although it might just push the problem further down the road, or have people levelling alts from a while ago
still, I don't see a better solution than this Think Spin
á
(21st February 2019, 1:54 AM)bls1999 Wrote: To clarify, we'd use them in conjunction with one another. So rank requirement and account age.

then I'm all for it
Definitely need both, you can sim/macro an account to 30 in 3-4 hours or half that with happy hours. It's still not a perfect system but I think it's about the best we're going to get without completely changing the way it's found
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(21st February 2019, 1:51 AM)gemj Wrote: I feel rank would be a better barrier than account age. if someone remembers the pass to twenty of their alts from 2012 then they could just use those to get the next twenty artis while with rank barriers it's a more sound protection because work actually has to be put in to level up new accounts to be arti eligible

uhm.. lvl is a bad thing.. as i can lvl 0 to 30 in like 12 hours of macro simming.
Music and Games are my life.
(21st February 2019, 1:54 AM)bls1999 Wrote: To clarify, we'd use them in conjunction with one another. So rank requirement and account age.
this is a good one, really like this idea, and i think it will work good atleast for a while.
Music and Games are my life.
(21st February 2019, 6:20 AM)Orthrus Wrote: uhm.. lvl is a bad thing.. as i can lvl 0 to 30 in like 12 hours of macro simming.

That’s the point. Within that 12 hours someone else has the time to find the artifact.
Also like I said in the other thread, there should be a check if the user already has bubbles if there isn't already.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Addy, Battlealvin2009, ClassyElephant, Eternal, gemj, Zelante
Players age or the account?
(21st February 2019, 4:07 PM)FlashRock Wrote: Players age or the account?

The account

If it were an account age requirement, would new accounts still be able to grab the arti and gain exp from it? But obviously not earn bubbles or get creditted for finding it first.
(21st February 2019, 4:17 PM)Solus Wrote: If it were an account age requirement, would new accounts still be able to grab the arti and gain exp from it? But obviously not earn bubbles or get creditted for finding it first.

yep!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, gemj, Orthrus, Zelante
Alright, looks like we're going with this one too. The staff team will determine an appropriate account age requirement. Thanks for your participation in the polls! Smile

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj