How to diagnose and report a problem
"Oh no… I found a bug! How do I report it?"

If you've found yourself asking this question, then you've come to the right place!

IMPORTANT: If you find a serious security bug or vulnerability, please report it privately via Contact a Mod.

PR2

For PR2 bugs, make sure to use the "Platform Racing 2 Bug" thread prefix when creating your thread.

For those of you who have never tried to diagnose any bugs, I wanted to outline the differences between a PR2 client and a PR2 server bug.

Client bugs usually have to do with graphical things and how you interact with them. For example, anything to do with item/hat effects, level physics, or sound are client issues. Additionally, if the buttons you press don't do anything, that's usually a client bug.

Server bugs usually have to do with behavioral mishaps. If you send a PM and you get a popup that says "Error: You might be a potato.", that's probably a server error. If you enter a level and some of your character data is changed, it's probably a server error. Also, most things having to do with data sent in chat are usually server issues.

Once you've gotten your PR2 bug diagnosed, you can post a thread here with the "PR2 Bug" thread prefix in this format:

Problem: I haven't eaten quesadillas in a week.

Type of Problem: I don't know… (perfectly fine answer! If you know, you can put client/server)

Expected Behavior: I eat quesadillas every day.

Actual Behavior: I haven't eaten my daily quesadillas for a week now.

Steps to Reproduce the Problem: Don't eat quesadillas for a week.

Additional Information (pics/vids are welcome and encouraged!): I like tacos.

Also, if you're posting about a level-specific problem, please post levels that have examples of the problem so I can better diagnose the issue.

JV or Other Jiggmin Games

For JV or other Jiggmin game bugs, feel free to simply post the issue (following the format above as much as possible) and I'll try to figure out what's causing it. Make sure to choose the appropriate thread prefix for your report.

Happy reporting! Smile

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Eternal, gemj, Janelle, Lego-man945, Shane1334, Stxtics, xGuest, Zelante