Hat/Part Checklist/Guide
Hey, you! Trying to be the ultimate PR2 completionist but are having trouble figuring out what parts/epic upgrades/hats you do or don't own? Are you also having trouble figuring out what those weird things you put on your racer's head do? Look no further than this suggestion. I was posting about something like this in Eternal's stream so I decided to make it a thread.

Here's a mockup on how this would work:
[Image: LVVWIrx.png]
It's your profile! See those new "?" circles next to each hat/part category? Clicking on one will produce something like...

[Image: r1zYUC2.png]
...this! This handy textbox would pop up, telling you if you own a hat, have its epic upgrade, what the hat does and where to get it. Hats/parts that aren't obtained could be more mysterious, having only a silhouette or being greyed out and having lots of ???s everywhere. Revealing the true form of parts/hats would be a lot of fun, even though you can just look it up.

Another very similar dialogue box appears when clicking the "?" circle with parts:
[Image: 61T0Trj.png]

In addition, if you wanted to make the game even more charming and flavorful as it already is, why not include some flavorful part descriptions as well? If you've ever read those cosmetic descriptions from Team Fortress 2, you'll know what I'm talking about. If you want community involvement with this suggestion too, have some place where people could submit some flavor text! There could also be flavor text for each individual part instead of just sets.

[Image: 6aW917N.png]

Alternatively, instead of the "owned!" or "epic upgraded!" the hat/part's name could be bolded and/or have rainbow text. If you have both, the hat/part would look something like "Propeller Hat". The code for this text could be reused from the Vault of Magics, which has rainbow-flashing text when sales are occurring. Seeing a full list of rainbow bolded text in your parts/hat checklist would be fun, no?

Formatting would be a little different than these mockups; the dialogue boxes would certainly be wider to accommodate a wider variety of parts/hats at once.

That's about it, though. Tell me if you've got anything to add on.
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Alex.L, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Eternal, gemj, Janelle, Lego-man945, Master Raiden, PinkAxie, Shane1334, Stxtics
You got my +1. I really love these ideas.
Yes! Very cool
+1,000,000
á
I like this a lot! Smile

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Alex.L, Northadox
(30th March 2019, 10:06 AM)bls1999 Wrote: I like this a lot! Smile

Marry it then if you like it so much

Anyways, just note that each separate “?” circle in each part caregory would detail each part of that category, not whole sets.
(30th March 2019, 1:33 PM)Northadox Wrote: Marry it then if you like it so much

I just might!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj, Northadox
(30th March 2019, 1:33 PM)Northadox Wrote: Marry it then if you like it so much

Anyways, just note that each separate “?” circle in each part caregory would detail each part of that category, not whole sets.

I like the whole sets idea though Frown
á
(30th March 2019, 3:59 PM)Camer999 Wrote: I like the whole sets idea though Frown

You could have THREE times the flavor text if it was separated by part type! What's not to enjoy?
(30th March 2019, 3:59 PM)Northadox Wrote: You could have THREE times the flavor text if it was separated by part type! What's not to enjoy?

Why not both? Wink
á
Implemented!

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox