[PR2 Bug] Crashing the LE with spawn blocks
Problem: game crashing, it be very ded

Type of Problem: big problem

Expected Behavior: probably something silly since spawn points have always been acting weird with the "Undo" button, but at least the game should not crash

Actual Behavior: LE and game going blank (or should I say, dark) except for the music button

Steps to Reproduce the Problem: there are probably a lot more ways to do that, but it seems to generate more than 4 spawns inside one block, refer to the video

Additional Information (pics/vids are welcome and encouraged!): I almost feel sorry for using that thumbnail

If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj, Shane1334
Thank me being a pseudorandom number generator for the music
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • TRUC
Big oof. I'll have to repeat the steps you took in a debugger to see what's failing.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
how to make hat remover :v

https://mega.nz/#!aSIUhQKI!9Ozoc9dBEEgnI...ETs6I_lCAw
This bug probably isn't that big of a issue but I still thought to report it

Problem: Level editor crashes if no player starts are found

Type of Problem: client, but only in the "Test" mode, if you publish a level with this bug you just spawn at the top left corner 

Expected Behaviour: Spawn in the same location as if you played the level from newest.

Actual Behavior: the game crashes (black screens, weirdly leaves the audio button untouch, sounds still are able to play)

Steps to Reproduce the Problem: This is easily done if you mess up putting player start blocks inside of blocks, the fastest way to do this is:

1. Putting a block over the 1st player spawn

2. Then drag the 1st player start over it, then hitting undo and redo.

3. You have successfully deleted the 1st player start.( If you test it, you'll spawn on the 2nd player start, normal behaviour.)

4. Redo steps 1-3 for all 4 player starts

5. press "Test"

Additional Information: If there's one or more missing player starts on the level, you could make it appear on the "Blocks" list, but I wouldn't know how hard it is to do:

[Image: jM2UHTd.png]
(This is just a proof of concept for that idea, when you click on it in the list it'll open a sub menu with the one's which are missing in the map)
[Image: dDh1Lkq.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ajayci 100 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
I remember TRUC did this a while back
https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1674

EDIT: (lol this now links to this thread cos the merge)
á
(16th November 2019, 8:08 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I remember TRUC did this a while back
https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1674
Oh oops, didn't see that. I tried to search for this issue so I didn't just do a duplicate, but I didn't search "LE" so this one passed me.
(16th November 2019, 10:11 AM)Ajayci 100 Wrote: Oh oops, didn't see that. I tried to search for this issue so I didn't just do a duplicate, but I didn't search "LE" so this one passed me.

tbf you can't even search "LE"
since it's under 4 characters

EDIT: Thx for the merge
á
ˢᵐᵃˡˡ ˡᶦᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵇᵘᵐᵖ
Fixed [at long last] in 167!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.