No Time 2 Get Contest Sets/Hats in PR2 :(
I understand that contest sets/hats are rare but for some of us we just don't have time. Is there another way for those who cannot make time still be able to get them in the game? This is my reason why I can't do them and it's unfair that I can't get any of these because its "contest only".  

1) I don't got time to do the contests because I work 84 hours a week. I have no days off. 12 hour(work but it takes me 30 mins to 45 mins to get there and back from home)+8 hour(sleep)+2 hour (picking and dropping her off) and the cycle keeps going everyday.

2) I have to pick up/drop my sister off to school and I sleep for 8 hours.

3) Since Pr2 is updatable now, I don't want to miss any new sets/hats that will be going into Pr2.

I know the point of these sets/hats are for contest but I just want the Pr2 community/staff to know that there probably is an alternative way to get the sets/hats and still be fair for EVERYONE and not just allow the people who do have time to get them.

I didn't know where I can put this thread so I place it in here. If it's in the wrong place when I do get time I will move it. I know it seems like I am just complaining but all I want is to be able to earn/get the sets/hats that are coming to Pr2. So if there's any other way that I can please help me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • bazooka, Magyar
Gecko set will always be only obtainable via GGP, that's what it was designed for originally. Besides the Gecko set only the bat set has been added and that is contest exclusive for now.. The biggest issue is we simply don't have drawers for new parts. I'd love to add 5+ more sets and make them all easily obtainable (Campaign, etc), but we lack people with the ability to draw them. So long story short. Stay tuned.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, Shane1334, Stxtics
(4th April 2019, 5:34 PM)Colind Wrote: -snippity-

I can't say that having 12 hours a day of work is healthy, unless the job you're working is the only one you could land, but surely something could be settled for less working hours.
I couldn't say that PR2 is such an intensive game for earning prizes. I imagine you have all the random parts in the random pool due to your simming, the campaign parts are super easy to acquire, some of the last campaign levels are hard but you can get through them through persistence, and if you want all the epic upgrades, just buy 'em, they're not expensive, or do the Kong surveys.
F@H hats are super easy to get nowadays, and you've most likely folded enough to get all the rank tokens.
Log-in bonuses like Santa, Easter, etc. are easily obtainable just by taking 10 seconds to log into the game for that day.

The contest sets/Artifact hat are something you have to earn through a lot of play, yes, but you can always dedicate a time to working on some things. One thing I do think should be changed is that GGP attempts shouldn't be limited at all.
CotM is a little tricky to work on, but most people just fetch a somewhat-themed menagerie of levels. Painter of the Week might be hard if you lack art skills (I hate PR2's art tools) but I think the Bat Set isn't going to be contest-exclusive forever.
The only really hard parts to earn as it stands are the Gecko, the Artifact hat, and the Bubble Set. I've still yet to get the former two, so it's not just you who don't have them.
I think your main priority is setting some time to play the game yourself, if you care enough about the game. Surely you don't have to work so much.

(4th April 2019, 5:40 PM)Eternal Wrote: I'd love to add 5+ more sets and make them all easily obtainable (Campaign, etc), but we lack people with the ability to draw them.

Eternal-kun...have you forgotten my precious Brew Set?
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
If macroing wasn't allowed would you say gaining EXP is unfair also?
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, gemj, JEEJAYEM
(5th April 2019, 5:04 AM)Stxtics Wrote: If macroing wasn't allowed would you say gaining EXP is unfair also?

o shit
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon
just sleep 7.30 hours and practice 30 minutes a day, saying that you are a slave to the capitalist system will not help you to have a few sets :v
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to morning666star For This Useful Post:
  • JEEJAYEM
(4th April 2019, 6:01 PM)Northadox Wrote: I can't say that having 12 hours a day of work is healthy, unless the job you're working is the only one you could land, but surely something could be settled for less working hours.
I couldn't say that PR2 is such an intensive game for earning prizes. I imagine you have all the random parts in the random pool due to your simming, the campaign parts are super easy to acquire, some of the last campaign levels are hard but you can get through them through persistence, and if you want all the epic upgrades, just buy 'em, they're not expensive, or do the Kong surveys.
F@H hats are super easy to get nowadays, and you've most likely folded enough to get all the rank tokens.
Log-in bonuses like Santa, Easter, etc. are easily obtainable just by taking 10 seconds to log into the game for that day.

The contest sets/Artifact hat are something you have to earn through a lot of play, yes, but you can always dedicate a time to working on some things. One thing I do think should be changed is that GGP attempts shouldn't be limited at all.
CotM is a little tricky to work on, but most people just fetch a somewhat-themed menagerie of levels. Painter of the Week might be hard if you lack art skills (I hate PR2's art tools) but I think the Bat Set isn't going to be contest-exclusive forever.
The only really hard parts to earn as it stands are the Gecko, the Artifact hat, and the Bubble Set. I've still yet to get the former two, so it's not just you who don't have them.
I think your main priority is setting some time to play the game yourself, if you care enough about the game. Surely you don't have to work so much.

Eternal-kun...have you forgotten my precious Brew Set?

waffle
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
(5th April 2019, 5:04 AM)Stxtics Wrote: If macroing wasn't allowed would you say gaining EXP is unfair also?

If macroing was officially not allowed then I'd prob just race/campaign battle all day to be honest. Back then in 2010-2014 I had no school to worry about (at least career wise) and a job. After 2015, its when everything started to change when I got a job then loved getting money so now I work for 12 hours a day everyday. 

Anyways, Other people choose to get to college/play games full time while I work full time and love getting money. Pr2 may have started as a kids game but not everyone who's on Pr2 now is a kid anymore. I kinda agree that we should work for the contest rewards but when you legit have no time to go on because of YOUR timezone and GGP timezone that isn't my fault. Jiggmin/Bls1999 should notice that these contest are only here to help the people who have the TIME to get on Pr2 and do these races. 

I just think there should be alternate ways to gain the arti hat, and rare sets from contest for people who cannot do it, it's only fair. Anyways, been more than a month that I login from last time so kinda just want to let it go but I do hope from PRF if it does go up and have people they should consider this in the future.

I wrote to reply to Stx and some others that I saw, anyways i'm off, till I go online have a good one
(9th May 2019, 4:11 PM)Colind Wrote: If macroing was officially not allowed then I'd prob just race/campaign battle all day to be honest. Back then in 2010-2014 I had no school to worry about (at least career wise) and a job. After 2015, its when everything started to change when I got a job then loved getting money so now I work for 12 hours a day everyday. 

Anyways, Other people choose to get to college/play games full time while I work full time and love getting money. Pr2 may have started as a kids game but not everyone who's on Pr2 now is a kid anymore. I kinda agree that we should work for the contest rewards but when you legit have no time to go on because of YOUR timezone and GGP timezone that isn't my fault. Jiggmin/Bls1999 should notice that these contest are only here to help the people who have the TIME to get on Pr2 and do these races. 

I just think there should be alternate ways to gain the arti hat, and rare sets from contest for people who cannot do it, it's only fair. Anyways, been more than a month that I login from last time so kinda just want to let it go but I do hope from PRF if it does go up and have people they should consider this in the future.

I wrote to reply to Stx and some others that I saw, anyways i'm off, till I go online have a good one

https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=586
https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1483
Currently we have 2 campaigns that have a monthly time limit
pr2hub.com/contests
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(9th May 2019, 4:11 PM)Colind Wrote: Anyways, Other people choose to get to college/play games full time while I work full time and love getting money. 

Are you complaining that college kids have it much easier than you XD

Anyways I think the only way that rare sets are obtained should be kept: through contests. Otherwise too many people will have them and they wouldn't really be rare sets anymore. Also if you don't have the time to dedicate to participating in those contests, what makes you think you'll have the time to dedicate to an alternative way of getting the rare sets, which if were implemented will most likely either take the same amount or more dedication than the contests.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766